Chapter 1

Peter, Ned, and MJ were walking to Peter and May's apartment just to hang out and talk. Peter knew Aunt May wouldn't mind since she was happy he had found such good friends. They arrived at the building and Peter pressed the button to try calling May from the special monitor out front so she could open the door but she wasn't answering. 'She must be out' Peter thought to himself and took out his special key card, which was given to all the people living in this building for situations like this, and swiped it, opening the door and letting the three if them into the building. They walk to the elevators and once inside pressed to button to go up to Peter's floor.

Once they arrived on the floor where Peter's apartment was, they exited the elevator and walked down the hallway to Peter's apartment. On their way there, Peter started searching his pockets for his keys but he couldn't find them. They got in front of the apartment he took his bag off his back and placed it down on the floor, getting on one knee, and started looking around inside his bag but he couldn't find them in there either. "You must have left them in your locker" Ned said "like a doofus" MJ added. Peter rolled his eyes with a sigh then chuckled and knocked on the door "May?" Peter called out, but there was no reply. "Maybe she's sleeping? or out?" Ned said "Yeah, that's what I was thinking downstairs while we were trying to call her but she would have told me if she was going out or if she was going to sleep so that I knew I wouldn't be able to reach her" Peter said as he tried knocking again "Weird" Ned replied. "May?" Peter called out again, knocking on the door louder. Without a reply again Peter pulled out his phone and called her. It rang for a while, and he could hear it ringing from inside "Well she's home" he said and just then, she picked up. At first, all Peter heard was silence and some ragged breathing. At first he thought she was sleeping and managed to accidentally hit the answer button, but the he heard a soft "P-Peter... H-Help me... please..." followed by some coughing before there was silence again. Panicking, Peter checked his bag again for his keys and found them in the small pocket of his bag. He put the key in the door and unlocked it, then took a second to prepare for anything he may see, then opened the door.

Once the door opened, Peter looked around an the apartment was in disaray and he swore he could smell the familiar rustic smell of blood. He walked inside and laying on the living room floor was Aunt May, in a pool of her own blood. Peter's eyes widened "MAY!" he shouted and ran over to her, nearly tripping on some of the stuff that had been thrown around. Ned and MJ came running in as well and their eyes widened. MJ was almost sick so she turned away and put a hand over her mouth, leaning against the back of the flipped couch. Tears filled Peter's eyes as he kneeled down beside Aunt May, not caring how much blood he was getting on himself, as he picked part of her up and hugged her "Aunt May.. What happened?..." He asked as he held her tightly. Aunt May coughed lightly "s-some men knocked at the door... they said they were here to fix our faucet... I didn't know it was broken but I thought maybe a neighbor heard noises or something complained so I let them in... I brought them here and offered them a drink but when I turned around..." May started saying before coughing again, by this point Peter knew what happened and he started crying, he couldn't believe something like this could happen to someone so sweet.

Aunt May finished coughing and continued "w-when I turned around... one of them had a gun pointed at me and told m-me not to move..." Aunt May was crying now as well "Th-they started ransacking the house... I made a move to try and get the phone to c-call you and tell you what was ha-happening while the one with the gun wasn't looking... b...but one guy noticed and yelled at the other guy and I r-ran and grabbed my cell phone... but I was too late... th-the guy turned and saw me a-and shot me... I tried to call you... but before I could... y-you came h-home... they heard your v-voices and your knocking on the door and ran out the fire escape..." Aunt May finished explaining before coughing even more and closing her eyes for a minute "Aunt May... No... Please don't leave me... You're the only family I have left..." Peter cried as he held her close. Aunt May opened her eyes back up and looked at Peter, sobbing, as she put a hand on Peter's shoulder "I'm sorry... Peter.... I'm so sorry..." she sobbed as she moved her hand to his cheek, wiping away his tears. "Don't be... Aunt May... This isn't your fault... I'm gonna get help... just hang in there..." Peter said then turned to Ned and MJ "Call an ambulance! Please..." he sobbed and Ned pulled out his phone quickly calling and answering all their questions. "I love you... Peter... I'm sorry..." Aunt May said quietly as her eyes began to close "M-May no... p-please... don't go..." he said holding her tighter, burying his face in her shoulder. Aunt May put a hand on Peters head and back giving him a kind of hug "I-I love you... P-Peter..." May said again, her breathing ragged, before closing her eyes, her hands falling off of him. Peter felt her body go limp and his eyes widened and he let go, moving her away a bit, looking at her face. "Sh-she's gone... no..." Peter said as more tears filled up his eyes. He held aunt May close and hugged her lifeless body tightly, crying into it, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" he screamed, before calming down, burying his face in aunt May's shoulder again "I-I love you t-too... Aunt May..." He said quietly to himself as he cried.

Ned and MJ sorrowfully watched, as Peter hugged his lifeless Aunt close. MJ had her face buried in her left hand as she still leaned on the couch. Ned was trying to keep calm himself but a few, ok a lot, of tears were flowing down his face as well. MJ may be strong and never really show many emotions but even she couldn't handle this. They both knew about his uncle, how he was shot and killed, so they knew how hard it was for Peter to lose his aunt too. After a few minutes Peter carefully laid aunt May back down the stood up, looking at her for a minute, tears falling down his face and light sobs coming from his lips. Peter then covered his eyes, wiping them, before running out the door. "Peter!" Ned shouted and was about to run after him but MJ grabbed his arm gently, stopping him and said "Just let him be for now. I think he needs some time alone"