Chapter 5 (IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END)

Tony landed at Peter and May's apartment to see some cops investigating the scene. Going in through the window, Tony landed in the room and opened his face clamp "Any leads yet?" he asked the closest cop to him. "Not much yet. We do believe the shooter was located on that building over there, sir." The cop said, pointing out the window to the roof of the building across from them. The building was slightly shorter then the building they were in but the roof was still a bit above them. "Must have been someone pretty skilled" Tony said. The cop nodded "We do believe it was a planned hit, sir. Can you think of any reasons why an innocent civilian would be targeted?" he said. Tony stroked his chin with his pointer finger and thumb "Not exactly, but I have a feeling I know who they were after" he said, and realized leaving Peter, his friends, and the Avengers alone was a mistake. He quickly jumped out the window and began flying back to his tower, as fast as he could.

As he approched, he saw most of them still sitting and talking with Peter in the main area. They were more scattered around now and some had drinks. He flew around to the landing pad and hurried towards them. "Parker!" He shouted once he was close to them. Peter looked up at him "What's up Mr. Stark? Everything ok? Where did you go?" he asked. 'So full of questions' Tony thought to himself, and chuckled in his head a bit "Can you think of anyone who would want to hurt you? Have you made enemies with someone powerful again?" Tony asked him. Peter thought for a second "I did bust a group of robbers a few weeks ago who were mentioning someone named Nightshade. That could have been their boss? Why, sir?" he said, not sounding very confident in his answer; but Tony recognized that name. "Jarvis! Activate safety protocol!" Tony shouted and immediately windows and doors began to be shuttered. "Sir, what's going on?" Peter asked, Tony turned and looked at him. Tony didn't know how to say what he knew gently, so he knew he was just going to have to be blunt about it. Tony looked Peter in the eyes "Listen, underoos, your aunt wasn't just randomly killed, she was targetted, and Nightshade is most likely behind it and he is not someone you want to be messing with. I tried to take him on years ago and was nearly killed" he explained then began walking towards the others, who were all on alert, confused, but prepared for any situation "Be ready for anything, and protect the kids" he said, and began heading to his lab to make more preparations.

Peter was staring at the ground, shocked. He could feel tears welling up but he quickly wiped them away, not wanting to cry in front of the avengers again. Steve walked over to him and pat him on the shoulder "you ok, kid?" he asked and Peter quickly looked him in the eyes, then to the ground again "y-yeah" he said as he moved away a bit, Steve's hand falling off his shoulder. "You sure?" Steve asked, to which Peter replied with just a nod. Steve knew Peter wouldn't open up much to him, since he wanted to look strong, so he backed off and approached Ned and MJ and said quietly said to them "I think someone close to him should check on him. He looks up to us too much and doesn't want to look weak in front of us. Could one of you talk to him, please?" Ned and MJ nodded and walked over to Peter. Steve returned to the other Avengers and looked a them all "I'm really concerned for that kid" he said, to with they all agreed to silently. "I can't imagine how it feels having all that dumped on him all of a sudden" Natasha said, crossing her arms and looking at Peter with concern as he and his friends went to another room.

Ned and MJ approached Peter, "hey, are you ok?" Ned asked. Peter looked at them and then to the other Avengers, seeing them talking to Steve, and then saw Natasha looking at him "u-uh yeah... follow me for a minute?" Peter asked, and began leading them back toward the living room, where they were out of sight from the others. Immediately, he felt the dam burst and all his tears began to fall. His knees felt weak and he ended up falling in the hallway, collapsing into tears. Ned and MJ got on their knees as well and hugged him. Peter cried on Ned's shoulder as MJ hugged both of them from the side. "It's all my fault. It's my fault she was killed" Peter cried "No it's not. You just did the right thing. Unfortunately, sometimes doing the right thing comes with consequences" MJ said "Yeah. If every good deed was rewarded with good things people would become greedy. Sometimes, good deeds are met by bad consequences" Ned followed up. 

As Peter and his friends were away, Tony returned. "Alright, I've made some preperations, we should be prepared for anything" He said, then looked around "where are the kids?" he asked "They're talking just around the corner" Steve said.

BOOM!...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked for the name of the protocol Tony calls out to shut the window shutters and door shutters for so long and couldn't find anything so I gave up and called it safety protocol, don't kill me if it's wrong -_-'

Also I really have no idea what I'm doing with this story and I know it's very OOC. I honestly might go through and somehow turn it into a story with original characters because most of what I've written doesn't feel like how anyone would act and everything I've made them say or do doesn't feel like anything they would say or do (case in point, Peter collapsing into tears in the hallway and blaming himself and MJ and Ned's responses, They just don't feel like things they would say or do. So yeah I think I'm gonna rewrite this as an original story instead of an Avengers Fanfic because I hate it. A lot. The end of this chapter was just something I wanted to throw in so it had an ending but I didn't really care about it and it shows.

I'll leave this one up for if anyone wants to read how this all started but I don't want to keep this as an Avengers fanfic but I am enjoying writing the plot, so I want to make it an original story. Obviously it'll have to undergo major changes but I'm up to the challenge

When I have an idea for a title and the first chapter is published, I'll post on here so you all know but I'm done with this being an Avengers fanfic.

Sorry
-Jord