May 1989

Las Vegas, May 1989

You got awakened in a jump when the phone of your hotel room rang. You pestered at your nap being interrupted and threw your arm towards the nightstand. It was night, but the outside lights of the never-sleeping city of Las Vegas gave the room a dim atmosphere.

You picked up and unstuck a lock of hair from your cheek.

"I said I wasn't going out tonight-"

"Oh yes you do!"

You actually opened your eyes and went on your elbow. You frowned: "Jon?"

"Okay, are you grumpy or did I do something wrong?"

You shrugged. "Oh come on, of course not, I'm just surprised. How are you? You don't have any show tonight? Where on the globe are you by the way?"

You let yourself fall on the bed again. You couldn't say you were paid in gold bars, but you were housed in the same hotels as the band you were playing with, and it had its perks. The day before, today and tomorrow, you hadn't any show, so after going out and enjoying what Las Vegas had to offer with roadies the day before, you needed sleep. Well, without relying on Jon, who was supposed to be on tour for the New Jersey album. But it has been some months you didn't hear him, and even longer you hadn't seen each other.

"I'm in Vegas!"

You got back on your elbow.

"No shit! And where are you play-"

"I'm not playing tonight y/n."

You frowned and stayed mouth opened.

"I'm getting married, and you're my maid. Oh, I'm waiting for you in the hall of your hotel, so move your ass!"

-

You got out of the elevator and swiped the hall with your gaze, but no Jon in sight. You had put on the only dress you took in your luggage and tugged at it. You headed to the little saloon to see if he was waiting there but someone came behind you and put his hands on your eyes. You smiled and gripped the wrists: "Tell me, silly boy, you're getting married like that on a whim-"

You stopped when you turned and saw who was behind you.

"Hi y/n."

He closed the gap that separated you and hugged you tight. You closed your arms around his middle, everything you had tried to forget for four years coming back.

"Oh, hi. How are you?"

Four years you last saw Richie, four years you had tried to forget him, four years Jon pissed you off with this.

You thought that not seeing him would help you forgetting him, but seen that they became one of the most successful bands of the moment, it wasn't an easy task. They were everywhere on magazines, on radio...

"Fine. Well, things are going. For you too, I see." He looked at the huge hall and whistled.

You grabbed him by the arm and headed towards the exit. "Oh don't tell me you're not getting used to it."

A taxi was waiting for you in front of your hotel. You both entered at the back. "Oh, you know, there are things we're never getting used to."

You scoffed and met his gaze. "Ha. Can I know what?"

He opened his mouth when the driver stopped. "It's here, on your left."

You cocked an eyebrow. "Already?"

The ride had lasted not even three minutes.

You got out and you both entered the little chapel. You were at least expecting the rest of the band and some of Dorothea's friends, but the edifice was empty, except the future married.