Ch. 3 Movies & Dinner

In the car, I couldn't think about anything but what I'm gonna do. I'll see how he acts when my mom isn't around she works all-day into the night she's a nurse she works 12 hours so 3 to 4 times a week she's gone. I can plan on making my move then.

I saw Nicki leaning against the window looking a bit spaced out. I tapped her and she didn't respond to me. I sighed and we pulled up to the place we were eating dinner at. It was a ranky Italian place.

Once we were seated Nicki finally got comfortable next to me. I placed my hand on her thigh and felt her tense at my touch. She placed her hand on top of mine. I watched as my mother ordered for the table. This was one of her favorites and since she knew what everyone likes it was easy for her.

The whole dinner was pointless to me I wasn't even hungry until my mother went to the bathroom. It got interesting.

"So how long have you geo been together?" Stefon asked crossing his arms on the table.

"We've been best friends since f-"

"That's not what I mean. You two are interested in each other so are you tw-"

"I don't see how any of this is your business. You've only been here a day you want to envoke in our personal business."

"Oh, so it's complicated." He said and scoffed drinking his root beer.

I rolled my eyes and took Nicki's hand.

"We're together."

'-'

After my mother came back we headed out to the movies. Nicki was typed furiously on her phone. My screen glowed up and I sighed.

Tell me you were fucking joking why would you tell him that. Wait! Are you playing because I'm not the one to be played with especially if it was over my feelings? You know how I get when shit like this happened to me don't play me and my heart Robyn you won't like the outcome.

Is that a threat? 😈

She was humming in her seat and she shot daggers at me with her eyes. I chuckled as we pulled up to the movies. Once we got the tickets and the seats Nicki claimed she had to go to the restroom and dragged me with her.

"Robyn talk now." She said crossing her arms.

"I wanna try being with you for real," I said and I crossed her arms.

"Really because if you're doing this to prove a point don't." She warned me and I sighed.

"Nicki you know I never do something unless I really want to."

"Yeah, or you can get something out of it."

"I can get you and all the perks that come along with it. Even though I almost already have everything."

"What's missing?"

"Being able to call you mine." I smiled down at her and she looked away from me.

I pulled her into my arms and buried my chin in her hair.

"You get on my nerves." She complained and hit me as she pulled away.

"I know. Now let's go finish this movie."

-:-

"I actually had fun, today mom," I said as we walked through the door.

"Aw that's good sweetheart."

"Oh, I have to tell you something," I mentioned as Stefon came through the door as well.

"What's up?" She said as she took off her coat.

"I and Nicki are together."

"I know y'all are together all the time."

"No, I mean like in a relationship together."

"Yeah your always together.

"Honey she means they are dating each other." Stefan butted in.

"Ohh. That's cute. Hope you're happy."

"Congrats," Stefon said and wrapped his arm around my mom.

"Good night Robyn." My mom patted my shoulder as they walked past.

"Night."