(Update on school) Isn't It Crazy?

Ahh middle school, the place where you get shoved into a certain clique and left to rot if you don't fit in before high school. The place where my phone got shoved in the toilet by a complete stranger, the place where nobody knows what the heck is going on 99% of the time. Yep, that's it. Welcome to Middle school.
  Look, most of my life I've been a total hopeless romantic. Dreaming of me being swooped away by a special boy and having the type of life you would see in only those early 90's romcoms. But I've snapped out of it, that's old news. I still like the thought of maybe being in a relationship in the future but like which middle schooler doesn't. Surely not any that I know. But I am over it, over trying to get people to like me, for what? For me to feel good about myself? Well, I don't need that. Not now and not anytime soon. It hasn't always been me crushing, other people have had crushes on me too. A lot of the times it's by people I don't even expect because either 1. I don't talk to them or 2. They are actually someone I barely met and don't know at all. But that only happened like 2-3 times out of all of my elementary years till last year. So tell me WHY allll of a sudden a BUNCH of boys start liking me? I've taken count and more boys have liked me in this single SCHOOL YEAR than any that have liked me from grade k-6th COMBINED. Geez middle school IS really just packed with big ol' sacks of hormones isn't it. I get it blah blah puberty and stuff but it's super peculiar to me that most of them were people I barely talked with? I mean I've had crushes like that sure but I didn't really know it happened to others until, well, they confessed. I still think about what happened to the other dude. After I quote un quote "rejected" him, he stopped talking to me.       
  All I wanted to do was to make friends, that's all! Same thing happened about 4 more times with other friends and idk if I can handle it. Idk if I'm sounding narcissistic rn but I'm not meaning to it's just reallly confusing and sudden. I'm glad I got to keep at least 1-2 of them as my friend.