day 15

There (Y/N) sat. Sitting silently on her bosses office sofa, eyes racking around the room. Trying to find something to focus on as she waited for him to look up from his work.

She could finally look at it. REALLY look at it. A large window acting as a wall behind him, curtains folded up letting the morning sunshine down on the man, the two large bookshelves rested on the left wall, the right wall was a boring pearl colour and the floor was a dark oak.

A wine coloured rug sat In front of the black sofa; it felt smooth to the touch and fluffy like a cloud. Wasn't a cheap itchy material you'd usually buy. The sofa itself was ridiculously comfortable; she wouldn't mind sitting on it for hours. Small cushions laying behind making the experience even more comfortable.

The ceiling matched the walls.  Nothing special. Pretty boring. One decently sized lamp hangs down from it; it was currently turned off as the sun was giving the room it's light.

It was very pleasing. Not exciting or dark like the man who sat inside it every day, except for weekends but even that was questionable, but it definitely matched the rest of the building.

But as nice as it looked the young woman was wondering why she was sitting inside. She was asked once again to come to his office but nothing was happening. He just told her to sit on the sofa and be quiet.

'am I in trouble? I feel like a child waiting for punishment.'

Her legs subconsciously started to swing, the bottom of her heels just grazing the rug. Hands tucked together on her lap, fingers caressing each other.

"Sir? Am I in trouble?"

"quiet."

"But-"

"Be silent, (L/N)."

Her lips instantly sealed shut. Falling back into the sofa as she let out a soft sigh. Worried to make too much sound, she didn't really want to be scolded by her boss for not being able to be quiet.

'How long am I going to be here? I want to talk to Jaehee or go play online games when I should be working.'

A few moments passed.

'uuuugh!!! Elizabeth isn't even here so I can't even pass the time playing with her.'

She slumped, head in hands, resting her elbows on her legs. Head tilting to the side to watch the man holding her captive. He was just doing work.

She wasn't sure how long she has been sitting there. Growing more bored at every second.

'fuck it, if he's going to make me stay here in silence I might as well get comfortable.'

She pulled out her phone and got comfortable. Taking off her heels with a relieved sigh of bliss and placed them side by side at the end of the sofa. Making sure to keep them off the rug; feeling guilty if she got it dirty. Draping her whole body along the sofa as she used the pillows to rest on.

Fingers tapping away on her mobile device. Scrolling through the endless social media posts on her apps, wincing at the loud music as it played a video at full volume. Eyes darting over to see her boss looking at her. She turned down the volume and apologized.

He went back to work but not before examining her. Soaking in the sight of her lounging so carelessly in his presence. Going back to work amused at her carefree attitude.

Seeing as it didn't bother him she went back to laying. But she soon grew bored of that. Her mouth opening to say something but closed it seconds later.

'i really don't know why I'm here.'

Her head rested on her arms. The phone long discarded. Deciding to watch Jumin until he finally grew agitated by her staring.

He leaned back his chair, pushing back his hair before turning to her.

"Your presence is no longer needed, return to your desk."

'What...?'

"I've got this folder that I need you to do."

She checked the time quickly. Wondering how long she's been in the room for.

'ITS LUNCH?!'

"But sir! It's lunch!"

"You've had enough rest, get this done before the end of the day."

'you're so cruel, Jumin Han. So very cruel.'

"Why did I even have to be here? I could have done so much work."

"Stop complaining, I needed you to be with me whilst I work."

"But why, sir?"

"Your presence reminds of me of Elizabeth, it made me feel less stressed."

Her jaw dropped. Smacking on the floor as she stared at him with wide eyes.

'he stopped me from work because I de-stress him?! I COULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO HOME EARLY!!! He's so lucky I'm taking this as a compliment.'

(Y/N), despite her sour mood, was blushing. Finding his comment about her flattering. It definitely was s compliment but it came with a miserable price of then having hours worth of missed work that needs to be done.

She grabbed her heels, pulling them over her feet and walked over to his office. Her whole expression showing her sulking and unhappy thoughts.

He just stared at her, cheek resting against his hand. Unfazed by her mood.

"I expect a good work effort, I need those documents for tomorrow."

(Y/N) hands curled around the file. It was the thing holding her back from attacking the handsome director. She could feel her body shake as he only gave her that smug glint in his eyes.

She knew he was messing with her. Knowing full well what he was doing but yet here she was. Letting her rage be shoved back as she remembered the warm glow of his grey eyes when he complimented her.

'did he seriously find me that calming?'

"You're lucky I'm a good worker, sir, if I was anyone else I would of most likely quit right here, right now."

"If you were anyone else, I wouldn't have you in my office, on your phone lounging on my sofa without consequences." He responded, blandly.