day 33

Jumin laid on his back, staring up at the wall as she recalled his last talk with (Y/N). A pain stabbing at his heart, a knife of guilt twisting through it.

"Sir please, I'll never do that again! You know I don't do this kind of thing often!"

As soon as she entered she shoved back her tears. Hands clenched into right fists as she stormed over to his desk. Worry was visible on her face as her hands moved to her chest.

"Address me properly if you're going to beg."

He barely gave her a glance, leaning back as he searched his desk.

"Mr Han...? Please, I'll fix my attitude! I'll stop bothering you and acting so informal, I'll stick to my desk!"

Her hands slammed on the desk. Staring at him desperately, tears threatening to fall.

She was going to cheer on Jaehee! She had so much she needs to keep doing! She wouldn't let herself be taken away from her duties. (Y/N) was a fighter and now was the time to rise up.

"It's a bit late for that, isn't it? You've already made me a disgrace in my own company."

He flicked his wrist, pen in hand as he continued to ignore her. Growing frustrated as his brain refused to remember where the specific slip was. He didn't want to do what he was doing but he was tired of being the hot topic on everyone's lips.

"Wha-what do you mean?"

"Do you know how many rumours there are involving you and me?"

The stares he received as they misunderstood the two of them. And now with his growing feelings, everything was too dangerous to go forth with. He needed to get rid of her so he can go back to normal.

"I heard of a few but nothing big, I just ignored them."

Jumin paused, raising a brow as he finally looked at her.

His chest tightened; her eyes a puffy red as she restrained her tears. Cheeks a bright red and her lips were trembling. Desperation in her eyes. This wasn't what he wanted to see.

He didn't want to see her like this. He wanted to run his hands through her hair and stop her crying. But no, he was in the position of power. The male couldn't back down or else she'd be his downward spiral.

"And why is that?"

"Because there is nothing between us."

The words struck both of them. Strings tightening around their hearts at the thought of nothing between them. That was the problem with soulmates; pulling away only led to heartache.

Neither of them had the courage to cut the rope binding them together. Not even now, Jumin was just holding it. His brain clenching onto his hope of sense. To let his heart win.

"Is that so? Tell me, (L/N), do you just touch and fuss over every man you meet?"

"I guess? But don't say it like that, I haven't done anything inappropriate to you."

The male stood up. His height becoming an advantage as she stepped back, staring up at him with shaking pupils.

"Why should I keep you here?

"Because I work hard despite how I act, you've trusted me enough to allow me to act like this for a while and even try and invite me to the RFA."

It was true. All of this was true. But he couldn't accept it.