The Happiness of Life (Alec)

I wake up with Maxine next to me. She looks so young and innocent. When I move she bolts awake. She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck. "How do you feel?" I whisper in her ear. "Okay I guess. I keep getting hallucinations" she mumbled. I give her a reassuring smile. She looks past my shoulder. "What's wrong?" I ask. She doesn't break her gaze. I tap her on the shoulder. Nothing. "Max are you aright?" I ask. Now I'm getting worried. Her eyes get really big and she starts screaming "Take me! Please leave him alone!" She clings onto me. I try to calm her down but nothing works. Magnus runs into the room and is looking around. He looks at us with concern. He sits down next to us and tries his best to calm her down. After rocking back and forth for a little bit, she finally calms down. She comes up from crying and cups her hand on my face. "You're okay!" She said. "Are you okay?" Magnus looked at her. "What happened? What did you see?" He asked with concern. "These people...they...they took you...they...they started hurting you...they were trying to kill you" she was crying again. I hold her against me. Magnus looks so worried. He comes over and pulls us in his arms. We stay together in our warmth. I never wanted to leave.

After hours of hallucinations, they finally stop fully. We all meet in the library. Magnus brought her notebook for her and she finished drawing Jace. I think she started drawing Clary. "This is our family" Simon said satisfied with himself. Everyone looked their happiest I've seen in a long time. Max brought our family closer. I look over at her. She looks up and smiles at me. She's practically glowing with love and happiness. Jace catches me staring and punches me softly on my shoulder. He both laugh. Which leads everyone else to laugh. Clary goes over and sits with Max,talking about drawings. Simon and Izzy come over and hug everyone. We all go around hug and laugh. I realize in that moment that this is what happiness looks like. Everything I've always wanted was here. Amazing family and friends. I couldn't be happier. All is and always will be great.