chapter twenty

~~~~~

~~~~~

Damon who found himself in a rundown motel in Denver with both Elena and Jeremy, and he was just waiting for the moment his phone blew up with calls from either Percy or Finn. 

An odd quick frenemy relationship there, not that he minded. The original was quite entertaining when he wasn't brooding in suicidal silence, playing the sacrificial lamb and following his mother around like a lost puppy.

He actually had a sense of humour. Dark humour.

Now that he thinks about it, he's going to have to ask him to talk his brother down from murdering him later on. That's if Kol listens to anybody, which he doubts.

They were trying to find out who sired rose.

Damon will admit he was a bit hesitant. AFter torturing for several hours they let him take a shower and gave him a change of clothes, along with a blood bag to go.

They were able to contact Rose and now they were waiting for the ghost to come back with the answers they were looking for.

Damon sighed as he hung up the phone talking to Stefan, he could practically taste the animosity leaking out of Stefan's mouth when he heard that Damon and Elena were sharing a motel room.

Before he could make his way into the room his phone rang once again. He smirked when he spotted Percy's caller I.D. Picking up he answered.

"Yellow?" He opened the door and walked into the room ignoring how the siblings conversation stopped abruptly.

"What do you expect me to answer with, "Blue" ?" Percy drawled from the other end.

"It would be preferable," Damon said as she flopped down onto one of the beds a grin on his face.

"Well, it's not my job to preferable."

"Ooh, someone is in a bad mood, what happened?"

"Finn has me on lockdown!" Percy whined from the other end. "That's because you didn't listen to my specific instructions!" Finn snapped from somewhere nearby.

"What did you do?"

"I went to school," SHe huffed and Damon let out a laugh ignoring Elena's motion of inquiry.

"You disobeyed an Original just to go to school?"

"I had a math test!"

"You need to rest," Damon refuted, "I could have easily compelled your teacher to let you take your test on a later day."

Elena scowled at Damon's show of concern, "Who is that?" She asked ignoring Jeremy's pointed look.

"I'm fine!"