Chapter 4 - First

"Good Morning Rachel" It's my first day and I found Rachel sìtting on my office.

"Oh Brie. You're early!" She stood up and let me sit on my swivel chair. "Sorry I have to sit there for a while waiting for you. I thought you would be late 'coz that's what Mr. M's past secretary did."

I glanced over the huge office beside me before I sit down. It's empty.

"Well. I am here to give you some idea about your job. Ready?"

"So much ready Rachel."

Rachel is good at teaching me what to do. She even made a notebook-like a manual for my position before she left.

Mr. Morales is right upon telling me that my job is quite easy. I just have to organize his schedules, papers to sign and some easy paper works. Guess the world is not on my shoulders yet.

I was in the middle of my thoughts when I heard someone "Good morning Brie"  That sexy voice. Ugh... Mckenzy!

———————————————————————

MCKENZY

I was walking to my office whe  I saw Ms. Curtz sitting on her swivel chair tapping her pen on the table while reading something. Maybe the manual.

"Good morning Brie" I decided to call her on her name since she is very young. Nine years younger than mine. No doubt she has that kind of  appeal in her. She' s a goddess.

I noticed her uneasiness as I greeted her. Maybe she's affected with my presence. I smiled. Though smiling is not really my thing but I decided to put one for this young lady. "Good morning too Mr. Morales" she stood up as she greeted me.

"Oh no please Brie. Just sit down." I was about to enter my office when I remember to give her some things to do. "Brie. Pile the papers to be given to you by Rachel. Arrange it by importance then hand it to me." I saw her writing on a cute pink memo pad. "Also, create my schedule for the whole week. Present it to me later then I'll tell you what to cancel depending on my availability."

She just focused on her memo pad. What a beauty. Such innocence. "Yes Mr. Morales"

"That would be all. If you have any questions, you could always ask me or Rachel. Well I prefer if you ask me often than her. I'm your boss anyway" She's still looking down at her notes. "Can you look at me when I am talking to you?"

I suddenly saw her jump up her seat and noticed her arms shake. "Sorry Mr. Morales. I'll take remember that"

What is happening to me? I feel nervous in front of her. The feeling i never had for so long. Excitement? Fear? What is this?

I held her hand to and make it stable. "Stay calm Brie. I don't bite."

Her eyes focused on my hands and pushed them away. Is it her first time to be held by a man in her arms? "Yes Mr. Morales."

"Sorry for that. And by the way, just call me Ken. Mr. M makes me older than our 9 years gap" This time, my smile just went about as natural as I can ever have for the past 2 years.

———————————————————————

BRIE

I froze. A little bit startled. Brieeee. Why do you have to push Mckenzy's hands off of yours when it really felt good. Well maybe because it was just my first time. Of course other than Ronnie's.

I jumped again on my chair as my phone buzzed because of a call Ar-Ar

"Hello R?"

"B! It's our first day of work,maybe we could celebrate for it later. Whatcha think?" He sounds so excited. Well, I am happy for him. He got his job at that Chinese resto. The one he dreamed for.

"That would be nice R. Of course" It's a bit strange spending a day away from him. It's another first for me. I am happy here. Hope he's happy there. Maybe he could meet a girlfriend there Ha-ha!.

I took again quick glance towards Mr. Mckenzy's office. He's nine years older that me. So what? I even had a crush on my professor 15 years older than me. Mr. M could be an exception. No. Ken. I have to call him Ken.

I finding him directly looking at me as he was speaking on his phone.

Chills. Why is he even looking at me? Geez!

"See you later B! I'll pick you up by six"

"Okay jerk! Love you"

"Boyfriend?" That sexy voice again. Oh my God. He's quick. Is he some kind of related to flash? Standing in front of me.

"Sir. Uhm Ken! No. That's my best friend."

"It's my tradition to take my secretary out for dinner the first day. So we will go out for a meal later after six. That's not even a question so I will never take a no for that. See you later Brie." I just saw him walk towards his conference room.

He just left me with my mouth hanging open. A date perhaps! No! Just a business dinner. Wait? What am I going to tell R? Sure he will understand. This is getting weirder. And I like it. Ughhh! Ken. Why do you have to make my heart beat this fast.