Chapter 7 - Hope

RONNIE

It was past 11 that night as I heard a car stopped in front of our apartment. B? I looked outside the window and saw her sitting inside Mckenzy's jeep. She went down by herself. Doesn't that man know how to be a gentleman? He should've at least opened the door for her. That stupid jerk!

I was surprised as I saw that man cornering my precious B using his hands and was more surprised seeing him lean forward to kiss her. No! But it seemed like something stopped him and just walked away.

I saw disappointment and confusion on B's face. She probably wanted that kiss. Wonder what she's thinking about. My poor B.

I heard the door opened and I decided to lay on my bed and tried my best to look like sleeping.

My door opened. I felt her weight beside me. She caressed my hair. I wanted you to touch and see me like a man B. Not just someone you used to be with.

"R ... I'm sorry. Most of the time I went home when you're already sleeping. I feel I don't have enough time for you. Sorry" I heard low sobs from her voice. Is she crying? God! I want to hug her. "Ken almost kissed me. That's what I wanted R. I really do. But why does it hurt me? Why do I feel this way R? Is it because I know whom he loves? Am I just something to patch his broken pieces?"

Suddenly she stopeed crying. Kissed my forehead. "You really are comforting R. I want to sleep again on your ever comfortning chest. But I don't want you to see me crying over something I cannot win." She arranged my blanket. "Goodnight R"

After hearing my door closed. I don't know where my tears came from. It just flowed down my eyes. I want you happiness B. Be happy.

———————————————————————

BRIE