Chapter 9

*9 Months Later*
I scream in pain as I feel my water breaking. The ATEEZ schedule has just started getting more hectic as they’re off their hiatus. With Jongho not having to join the military for a few years, they have time to start their activities again. I have taken maternal leave from work, and have just been relaxing. San was at the company, and I was left on my own in the dorm. Shaking and in pain, I am attempting to get a hold of San.
“S-San, it’s time, ahh!” I shakily speak to San.
“Speak up, I can’t hear.” San said.
“I’m in labor!” I exclaimed.
“Ai-shi, I’ll be right there!” San exclaimed.
“Hurry!” I exclaimed.
San arrives shortly to my dorm. He grabs my hand and drags me to his car. I am sitting in his passenger seat as he drives to the hospital. We arrive at the hospital and he checks me in. I am rushed to a delivery room, San following close behind.

About nine or ten hours of labor later, our handsome baby boy is here. San and I have decided to name him a classic Korean-American name that would fit him perfectly, Aaron. His Korean name would be Sang-Kyu. He will be going by mostly Aaron. While in school, he will mostly go by his Korean name. If San and I decide to move to America, Aaron will be called by his English name. Waiting in the waiting room are the members of ATEEZ. They see our handsome child in my arms and they gush all over him. Especially the 99-line. Wooyoung is the first to ask to hold Aaron. I know our kid will grow up very handsome because one, his father is San, and who has better visuals than him? Two, he is mixed with lots of things, thanks to me. I am half Filipino, half European, with roots in Germany. This child will be very beautiful when he grows up.

ATEEZ and I leave the hospital with a new child in the world. We arrive back to KQ Entertainment and we introduce our baby to some of the employees. I go to my marketing team to introduce Aaron to them first. They all love him so much. As of right now, I am very tired from being in labor, so I return to my dorm room to nap. I take Aaron along with me because San has some work to do. He will make sure to always make time for family because I don’t have the strength or motivation to do anything right now. I collapsed into my bed, falling asleep. Right as I get into a deep sleep mode, Aaron bursts out crying. I groan and get out of bed. I tend to Aaron’s needs. Once he stops crying, I get back into bed. I’m hoping he doesn’t need anything else for a solid 30 minutes. The first few months of having a baby is known to be very difficult. Then comes the ‘terrible twos’ and so on. I am looking forward to every moment of raising Aaron with San and I.

A few years go by, ATEEZ have now ended their contract with KQ Entertainment and lead normal lives from now on. The legacy left behind by ATEEZ can only be fulfilled by the next group to debut out of KQ Entertainment. San and I moved down to Gyeongsan, out of Seoul. Seonghwa so cutely proposed to Angeline over a video call because they can’t reach each other as easily. They plan on getting married very soon, and I couldn’t be happier for them. As for Hongjoong, he also met a very nice American girl named Aaliyah. She is half Japanese and half American. Her mom is Japanese and her dad is American. I couldn’t be happier for Hongjoong. Turns out he didn’t need my help finding love. Mingi is currently dating a very sweet Korean girl named Nae MinJung. Wooyoung is dating a girl from Germany. Her name is Rosemarie, her nickname is Rose. She is very pretty, and since I learned German in high school and college, I am fluent in the language, and can communicate with her. Rose and I are good friends since Wooyoung introduced me to her. Yunho, Yeosang, and Jongho are all dating girls from different areas of Asia. Yunho is dating a Korean girl named Ha Seoyeon, Yeosang is dating a Filipina named Jasmine Mendoza, and Jongho is dating a half Korean, half Japanese girl named Asai Kiku. That is her Japanese name, and her Korean name is Jin-Ae. Her dad is Japanese and her mom is Korean. I was able to meet all the girlfriends, and now we have this group chat just for the girls. We talk smack and drama about the boys behind their back. It’s so much fun hehe. Our group chat is very simply called: the girls💖.

One day, when all the girls were finally able to come out to South Korea, we all planned to hang out. ATEEZ can also hang out like they used to years ago. We still hang out, but not as much as we’d like. We are all leading lives of our own, so it’s hard to meet. I got to meet all of them for the first time in person, and as a group, we all went out to Hongdae. I have Aaron with me, he is around 5 now. Our boyfriends and husbands are with us, but they’ve gone off someplace else. We planned to meet in the middle after shopping around and chatting. I spoke German with Rose and it was refreshing. I wasn’t able to use German for so long, but I made sure I never forgot it. She was impressed by my German. I laugh at myself because here and there, I still forget grammar. Good thing Rose is a nice person and forgives me, laughing along. The other girls in the group soon make friends with each other. Angeline is speaking Japanese with Jin-Ae and Aaliyah. Turns out Angel is also fluent in Japanese because she watched so much anime growing up that she picked up the language easily. We hung out, becoming close friends while our boyfriends and husbands messed around like they used to. Ah, I can tell how much they started missing each other. I wonder, when K-pop groups disband, if they ever still hang out. Clearly, ATEEZ still hang out even after their disbandment. That makes me happy.

We leave Hongdae and go out for dinner together. It was good getting to know these girls. Jasmine reminded me of my time in the Philippines, and I missed that place so much. I told my mom about meeting Jasmine, and she’s happy that I befriended another Filipina. We went to K-bbq and had the most amazing food ever. After finishing dinner, we went back to our respective apartments. San, Aaron, and I catch the train to Gyeongsan. Ah, that was nice meeting those girls for the first time. I have only met them over the phone, and I’ve heard so many good things about them from the boys that I really wanted to meet them. Finally, I got to meet them. I can’t wait to meet them again someday.