Chapter 6: Well, Clavicus got his Drama

"Ralof... don't do it..." I said in a soft tone, 'I'm your friend."

Ralof blinked several times and hissed. His face was pale from lack of blood, and his eyes were narrowed in hunger.

"Sorry... I can't help it..." he managed.

From the floor, Ralof lunged at my throat. Luckily, I was ready and leapt backwards. Ralof took out his sword and swung it against mine. I had to admit Ralof was stronger than me, but I had magic.

"Nope, nope, nope," I panted, activating my flames destruction spell.

Ralof's crimson eyes narrowed and he noticed my hands on fire.

"Don't like fire, huh?" I said, waving my hands in front of myself in defense.

Normally, I would say something like, "I'm gonna kill that vampiress for what she did to you!"

But since she's already dead... saying that would be kinda awkward.

"Ralof, I don't want to do this to you because it'll hurt..." I said, brandishing my sword in one hand and a fireball in the other.

Ralof hissed and lunged at me.

"Ralof! Snap. Out. Of. It." I said, ducking under him and slamming his head with the hilt of my sword.

Ralof recoiled, looking dazed.

His hands glowed red with the spell Vampiric Drain. Skeever. I didn't want to catch it too!

"Join me," Ralof said, "We can both be vampires."

Although that sounded pretty sweet, I had a world to save. And being a vampire wouldn't help.

"You're not Ralof, and I would never join you!" I said, backing up out of his range.

"Tiid Klo Ul, Joor!"

Usually, the time slowing shout made everything slow down. But Parthy had taught me how to target a specific individual with it, making them freeze, stuck in time.

"Hey (Y/N), what did I miss?" Barbas said, trotting out of the forest with a dead goat in tow.

"Are you serious? I bet it just slipped your mind that at night the vampires have to feed, huh?" I said, sheathing my sword.

"Umm, I wanted to please my master. And he said the more dramatic the better! And whew, will I have a great story to tell," Barbas said.

"Ugh, I hate you," I groaned.

I grabbed the dead goat and got a cloth.

"Will Ralof be okay if he has goat blood, but not my blood to feed on?"

"Yeah, but I was gonna eat that!"

"Barbas, I am this close," I gestured with two fingers, "to letting him eat you."

"I'll just... go get the horses," Barbas whimpered, then slunk off into the forest.

I soaked up some of the blood on the goat meat with my cloth and wrung it out over Ralof's mouth.

His face regained some of its color but not all. I repeated the process until Barbas came up, holding our horses' reins in his mouth.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

With the help of Barbas, I picked up Ralof and put him on the brown horse's back. I tied the brown horse's reins to my horses saddle, and we set off to Riften.

"Barbas, do you think you could tie him up? I'm not sure how long the shout will last," I yelled backwards.

"Can do," replied Barbas. Even though he didn't have hands, he had a mouth and paws to do the job with.