Prepare

(Jazzy Pov also known as the main character Therrissa)

Everything around me felt like it was spinning, my vision blurred with tears as the shadow in my mind hovered over me whispering she was dead. Who was dead? Non other then my mother Annabelle, who sacrificed her own self to keep Claire alive. But why she had never once actually cared for us, she had always said we were children that weren't hers. Maybe she was right, after all she always picked a favorite at the end of the day which is Veronica the second oldest daughter.

Even though mom never once supported Claire and I, we still loved mom dearly to the point we'd risk our own lives to make she she was okay. Just knowing that mom is gone means that Claire is blaming herself over mom's death, and at this exact very moment is looking for me and worried if in still even alive.

The shadow figure still standing before me glares at me, blaming me saying I could have done something to prevent all of this. But, but how was I supposed to know what would happen! How could I have even done anything to prevent all of this shit!?

Mom was gone and all of what is left are fragments of memory, was it really okay for me to be here while my own sister is out there still suffering?

What am I supposed to do huh? So confused by everything, I wished I was at home watching anime with my mom and sister. Or even reading my manga silently, while waiting for mom to come out of the shower so I could go to bed.

But what I hoped so dearly in my heart to happen, I knew would never happen after all now our family has split up because of the worst. Exactly how I felt would happen has happened, and now I'm somewhere I'm not comfortable being.

Laying in the bed, I spoke softly to the shadow. Tears were staining my face, I had to keep my voice as hollow as humanly possible. "You are right it is my fault isn't it, I knew what would happen, would happen but I didn't do anything about it I'm so flipping weak!" I spat out the last sentence while wipping my tears.

"Just what was my purpose" I mumbled, before drifting off into a nightmare sleep.

   (Unknown Pov)
  She is un-trusting, not untrustworthy. Not only had she suspension of something in the food, but was she was on guard the whole entire time I was beside her.

I know earning her trust is going to be a challenge, but that is something worth the wait. Now that she is here I have to make sure she is properly trained before the invaders find out the hide out, I don't want her hurt but I don't want her to be useless in battle just in case I won't be by her side.

During the time she has stayed here, which is now over two weeks. I have grown feeling for her. What kind of feelings I do not know, but because I care for her I can tell she has been suffering from a lot of pain and seems to be frequently depressed.

I have kept visiting her room while covering it in posters I knew she would like, as well I have even bought her manga as to why I'd do this for a woman I do not know. I know she isn't an adult yet, she is now Sixteen her birthday was a complete hell. I guess I feel maybe she deserves this, not her familys death no but I mean she deserves happyness. And I want to be the one to give it to her, so seeing her depressed like this crushed me.

Finally today is the day to train the girl, but she seemed to not have a single drop of trust for me in her at all. Maybe it's because in these types of scenarios, in order for you to trust a person you must trust yourself. Or was it, in order for you to trust someone they just trust you as well?

Whatever, no matter what I'm going to make her get stronger. Whether she likes it or not, it's alright if she doesn't trust me I have to make sure no one manipulates her heart and mind.

Or so what I thought, reality has other plans for me.