Chapter 2- Help

She was awaken by a thudding sound from the cubicle nearby. She was alarmed and peeked, she saw a trail of blood.

When she opened it, she saw a woman in peach dress, pale and wounded.

She put her mask on and grabbed her thermal scanner. She pointed it to the woman.

'36.5 c°,Normal.'

"She needs help." She mumbled.

"Hey! Hey! Wake up" she said as she shook her shoulders.

"Ohhhh" the woman groaned.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"It hurts." She winced.

"Okay,Everything is gonna be alright."she said comforting her.

She removed her jacket and checked her wound.

"I almost got shot but I ducked, then a guy with knife hit me and I got caught up. Will I die?" She asked trembling as she can see she is bathing in her own blood.

"No, but we've got a problem." She said checking her wounds.

"What? What is it?"

"Lady I think-" she was cutted off.

"I'm Anne Ezra by the way." Said the woman.

"Anne, the wound is quite deep,I think we have to give a small stitch to close the wound." She said.

Her eyes widened. "Damn, I thought it is really a big problem. Well it's okay , can you do it?" Aurora said.

"I sew, but not the skin ,and I'm not a nurse and I don't have experience of anything like this, but I'll do it for your safety." She said.

Anne smiled."Thank you, what's your name?" She asked.

"Fellary Bueno, just call me Fel." She said wiping her wound with some cottons.

"Oh Fel, where are you from?"

"Philippines."

"Really? Why are you white? And your hair is brown? Nearly blonde?" She asked out of the blue. A question that shouldn't be asked in her situation.

"Well my father is an American. He brought me here to study but I have been on my own when I get used to here."

"Oh really, before the outbreak happened, before the lockdown, you didn't come home?"

"I wish I did, this are all unexpected, I didn't know that these will stay for good. The virus has been with us for 2 years. If only I can home and prioritise them."

"It's okay, I'm sure everything will be fine " Anne patted her back.

"I'll look for thread and needles. Maybe they are gone now. Whatever happens, wait for me. Put pressure on your wound."

"It's dangerous Fel, please be safe." She said.

"I will." Fel replied as she went out of the rest room and peeked in the the sections in the mall.

"Where is the tailor section here?" She mumbled while tiptoeing.

The mall is a mess. It's unbelievable that the shelves of the food and medicine are almost gone.

She found the tailor section and went there.

Look to the left, look to the right. No one was there so it's safe.

Fel took some thread and needles and immediately went out there.

After fixing Anne they both went out to rob the remaining supplies that lies in the shelves.

Anne heels made a clanking sound in the cold floor. She got annoyed and took it off.

"No! Don't take it off we don't know if the floor carries the virus." Fel warned.

"What? Really? We can be caught by these noisy shoes!" Anne said.

"Why are you wearing those anyway?" Fel asked pointing her outfit.

"Uh. I-ah-"

"You're on a date."

"What? No- it's not a date, he was my teacher ,and we're friends." She said in defeat.

"Okay I think we need to change, look at us, what a bloody mess."

She said as they head to the clothes section.

They peeked in. "Clear." Feel said as they went in to grab the clothes they needed.

Why are they robbing? Atlanta,Georgia, and the rest of the world is  full on chaos .No transportation, not enough food and supplies,All is lockedown. Soldiers and  cops are roaming around with those hideous face masked and covered body. Everywhere in the roads has checkpoints to test all the civilians that goes in or out.

Once you coughed? Or caught some fever? We don't know what were they doing to the symptomatic and positive ones.

The 8 billion population of the world has been reduced to half. Because of the Corona Virus that has started 2019 until now, 2021, We don't know if life on earth will still go on.

~Anne's Point of View~

I was looking for any comfortable clothes and I can't believe this is actually stealing. I am a Law student and now I am violating the law. Whatever we have no choice!

I opened the dressing room to change but I gasped in what I saw.

"Mommy, mommy." A boy cried silently on the corner with his face on his palms.

"Honey, come here." I cooed.

He looked up with his runny nose and freaked-out state. I can say he is around 6-8 years old.

"Who are you? Win?" He asked.

"I'm Anne, who is Win?"

"My Big Bro."

Win? Brother?

"I'm sorry I don't know where he is  but, are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked sitting with him.

"I'm lost." A tear escaped his eyes and sobbed.

I was carried away and I felt so sad to see him like this. I hugged him and he cried on me.

"You have to come with us and get you to a safe place, okay?" I said wiping his tears.

"I need mommy, and Win."

"I will help you to find them, just come with us for now, we have to find a safe place." I said.

He just nodded and sniffled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were you expecting a Filipina Character? Actually I am from Philippines 💖 🇵🇭

I used English to make this more ' International' for you to understand wherever you are in earth😅.