Chapter 5- Breakfast

~Fel's Point of View~

"You didn't came home for Christmas and New year, don't you wanna visit? It's near vacation." My mama said through the phone.

"Mama sorry, after graduation I have some appointments, I have been waiting for this. I promise I'll come home after everything." I answered.

"I'm happy to hear that sweetie, now that you're almost there in your dreams to achieve, me and your father will be the happiest person ever, we are proud of you." She said in tears

"Yes mama, thank you. I won't be here in U.S. without you and papa. Thank You. I love you both." I said. Kinda emotional at the moment.

"We love you too. Be careful there. Have you heard the news? They said a deadly virus that came from China is spreading. Be careful there."

"Yes mama, you too. I've gotta go now."

"Okay. Stay safe." Then I hanged up.

I sat to my couch as I turned on the TV only to see a news that goes over and over again. Same cases, same topic. It's sickening me.

"Breaking News: The Covid-19 positive patients from Europe has been quarantined.They have investigated the PUI's, only to find out that Patient 93 from Italy and her husband has a travel history in here in America last week before they have been confirmed-"

"What?" My heart stopped upon hearing the news.

It's no longer safe to roam around. How about my friends? My work? My family? That stupid virus will ruin everything.

Suddenly as I layed on my couch. My breathing went irregularly fast and my throat went bloody dry. I started to cough and I held my chest in pain. My body was heating up in a fever.

"Help! Help- * cough * cough"

My chest went tightened as I coughed harshly. My palms covered my mouth and as I removed them, I saw blood coming out of me. I started to get panicked. I tried to scream for help but it makes me breathless.

I coughed and coughed for more blood. I couldn't breathe. I think I'm dying.

I was there laying down, wheezing and gasping for air.

Suddenly, I felt like my body is shaken and I heard a faint voice calling my name.

"Fel!Fel! Wake up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up, breathing hard from a nightmare. But it happened before, except for the dying part.

I saw Anne beside me with asleep Ryan sleeping on her lap.

"Are you alright?" Anne asked.

"Yeah, just a nightmare." I uttered.

"It's okay. Maybe you're just tired." She smiled.

"What time is it?"

"It's 4:30 a.m."

We have spend our night in the car together then resuming our trip again at 2 a.m.

My eyes are still droopy but I can't go back to sleep again.

"Morning." Dean said out of the blue while driving.

"Did you sleep?" I asked

"An hour is enough." He answered

"Let's take turns, stop the car." I said

"I'm okay-"

"You need a nap." I said.

" Fine." Dean said halting the car and we exchange our seat.

The sun rises in the horizon. Pink and orange ombre scattered in the sky.

"Look! It's so beautiful!" Awake Ryan said.

"Yes it is." Anne said pinching her cute cheeks.

It's beautiful, but the streets are empty. Unlike the old days, some people are taking a jog every morning. They make their coffees and breakfast with their family and friends.

Speaking of breakfast, my eyes glowed up in hope when I saw a bakery ahead.

"Guys look what we've got." I said cheering them up.

"Oh yeah." Dean said feeling delighted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We scavenged all the the bread that we got with some coffee. That's enough for breakfast.

As we were eating in a table like normal people, Anne asked something.

"Guys? It's almost 2 years that we have been battling against these. The last normal thing I did was to meet my former handsome teacher. How stubborn am I.I didn't know that these will create an apocalypse. Will we be able to be normal again?."

"No one knows dear." Dean said while sipping his coffee.

"It's like the world has lost it's morality. Sad thing." Anne said.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Jae staring at me. I looked back but he looked away.

"Eat something." I said handing him a cinamon bread.

"Thanks." He smiled lightly.

All of a sudden Ryan went down from Anne's lap and starts pointing something.

"People. Maybe Win is with them." He said running to the door.

"Ryan don't " I said pulling him and putting my palm to his mouth.

Dean peeked on the 'people' through the curtains.

He saw a group of men with guns and tattoos, more like some escaped prisoners or terrorists.

They started pointing the bakery, maybe to have breakfast too and they have noticed the car.

"Dude, I guess someone's here." One of them said as he kicked the car, accidentally he triggered the thief alarm.

"What's that?" Anne asked.

"Let me go! I wanna see , maybe my brother is them! " Ryan said struggling, a lil too loud.

One of them heard the noise and saw Dean peeking in the window.

"Dude, there! Let's beat it! Let's go!" He said and suddenly men with armed guns started flooding the entrance.

"Holy Crap, we got company." Dean said.

"Pick up your things. Let's get out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone misses their old days? Old routines? Anyone misses the normal season? When everything was still fine?

Please vote and comment! Thanks 💖