Chapter 6- Blood

~Fel's Point of View~

"Holy Crap, we got company." Dean said.

"Pick up your things. Let's get out."

"Ryan please! Ssshhhh!" Anne said making the kid quiet as she carried him in her arms.

We heard the door opened with a ring of the bell and  heavy footsteps of men echoed in the place.

"Hide here." Dean said pulling us under a a table with a cloth to cover.

"Check every corner."

"Yes sir."

"Just grab anything we need."

"When you saw them, coughing or not, shoot them of the face."

We heard them chattering while we are ducking beneath the long table.

"I know them." Jae, the Chinese guy said out of the blue.

"Who on earth are they?" I asked.

"Most of them are from jail, they broke out to save themselves from virus in the prison. When they got out, Atlanta has been in more chaos, they have been back on their habits to survive, they even tried to kill me-" Jae whispered fast, trying to explain who they are while I was peeking through the white cloth.

While Jae was talking, he was cut off by crashing sounds of cans and bottles nearby.

Anne covered Ryan's mouth to stop him from whimpering. One of the men came near the shelves, translucently, we can only see his black heavy boots, with chains and guns of his pants.

Now he's heading in our direction, near the  table. Then he halted. Our breaths stopped and we didn't move a muscle.. Dean pulled out his gun while gesturing us to be very steady and quiet.

I could hear my heartbeat pumping as my cold sweat drips down my face.

I guess he knows we are here. He can see us.

Just then, he turned to the other direction and walked away. We sighed in relief.

"We've gotta go." I said. Ryan was trembling in fear as Anne cradles him.

"Not yet, we need to find the exit." Jae said beside me.

"You guys stay here. I'll go peek for the back door. Don't try to make something stupid  or we'll die." He said.

"It's dangerous there, we have to make them leave first-"  Jae said with concern.

"Listen, kid, we've gotta go before they're gonna turn tables here. Being COWARD and QUIET won't save you. And who's in charge?" He spat to Jae's faced as he grabbed his collar.

"I'm sorry." Jae said as he felt a wave of embarrassment in his bad move.

Dean realized that he's too close to Jae, he loosened his grip and let him go. He waggled his hands and he put some gloves on.

I know, he's still disgusted with Jae.

"Now, stay here. If they saw you Have, they won't think twice to shoot you in the face." Dean said with sarcasm, referring to his nationality (Chinese). He crawled out with his weapon and bag silently.

Jae brushed and grasped his hair with his eyes shut, obviously insulted yet he can't defend himself.

"Jae, as long as you know that you're not a carrier, you shouldn't listen to insults like that." I said to him.

He didn't respond as four of us, Jae, Anne, Ryan and me are quietly waiting for Dean to come back.

Soon, we heard rustling sound nearby, light footsteps approaching and the table was shaken a bit.