Chapter 4: The House Of Capulet

“The rumours about His Majesty’s mental illness has reached the neighbouring kingdom. This may cause a treason.” The head minister reported the bad news in my room.

“Mental illness huh?” I smirked and rose from my bed.

“Let the rumour spread! Let’s see who will commit treason.” I calmly commanded and took a sip of the wine.

I know where Astaire is. I believe it was between life and death. It wasn't just my imagination.

If that’s the case- I'm ready to die.

“Nikolai! You son of a bitch! Don't just sit there in your bed and do nothing! The entire Kingdom will be doomed because of your incapability!” Princess Isabella entered and slammed the door behind her.

“Father entrusted everything to you! And you just sleep all day and eat!” she shouted. “Are you trying to kill yourself?”

“Yes.” I quickly answered with a pure smile.

She proceeded to slap my face. Hard enough to leave her fingermarks on my cheek.

“Wake up! Please. I'm begging you Sire.” she cried and kneeled “Please, do it not for me but for the Kingdom of Windsor.”

Is it wrong to hope to be with Astaire?

I regret it. I don't want to be the King. I want to be with her.

I need her.

“Nikolai Capulet, the Kingdom of Windsor will soon be Named Kingdom of Capulet once you have a Queen. Please find a queen to make the Kingdom stable. I won't pursue you to pick me but please find a queen. I'm begging you Sire.” Isabella cried and begged.

My heart is rumbling. The throne is literally killing me.

“Sorry, I'm useless. I miss her so much.”

Isabella slapped me again. The guards and the Royal butler got alarmed and restrained her.

“No! Let her be. I deserve this.”

All of them gave me a pitying look and Isabella broke down.

“His Majesty, I recommend you to find a queen to heal your heart.” the Head Minister bowed and begged also.

And all of them begged to me in my bed.

I closed my eyes and agreed.

I cannot let them suffer on my account.

My heart is hurting. I remmembered how I found Astaire.

Maybe the throne is my punishment for being selfish.

I am so sorry, Astaire. I must move on.

Good bye, my love.

“I will go to the Lancaster household, I believe that Kingdom have enough power to sustain your desires.” I sarcastically command “I will meet there daughter Emma who I knew close friend of Astaire from the Kingdom of Lancaster.”

“But Nikolai? Why Emma?” Isabella got jealous already.

Both of us knew Emma was madly in love with me but gave way to Astaire since they were childhood best friends.

“I believe Emma will be a Good Queen, since she chooses to forget her feelings for me for her Friend.” I sarcastically answered Isabella.

“All hail to the house of Capulet!” all of them shouted and bowed to me except Isabella who is obviously irritated.

My heart is still in pain hearing myself picking a new wife. Knowing there will be another woman who will be at my side and another woman who I will ignore and wasted.

I'm awful, I know, but I can't love Emma the way I love Astaire.