Chapter 6: My Heart felt Betrayed

I don't know how many days I spent isolating myself here. I tried not to talk to this man I'm with. I tried not to engage myself with him.

“Astaire, I cooked some dishes I learned from the human world. Please eat.” He gracefully offered to me.

“Hephaestus, I miss my family.” I grabbed a small part of his sleeve to tug him.

“I'm sorry. As soon as my castle is done, I will marry you.” He said and unfolded my hand.

“Just stay here. The sooner the castle is done then I will transfer you there.” He smiled at me and left.

He just left me here in the garden. This garden has no end. Wherever I go is so vast that I can't find a way out. Even if I tried to climb up the Golden Gate yet it seems the other side of the gate is creepier than what is here inside.

I miss my father and my sister. And I miss Nikolai so much.

Are they missing me too?

“Princess, please eat. God Hephaestus had no skill of cooking before he met you. Please appreciate his efforts.” a flower tulip spoke to me.

“Does he really love me?” I sighed.

“Yes! God Hephaestus will never be like this to a human except you, princess.” the tulip replied.

“Why did he lock me up here? Why not just talk to my father and let them settle?” I took a bite on the food that he cooked for me.

“Hey tulip! How many days has passed already since I came here?” I asked again.

“It’s been a week, princess.”

This is so depressing. One week of being locked here.

“Astaire my father will come here tomorrow. I also made a hot spring in the North area. You can take a bath there. I also planted a magic tree in that area to assist you in changing your clothes. And about the wedding, it will be…” I stopped him from talking anymore by covering his lips with my finger.

“Hold it.” Wait. I recall that I didn't agree to your proposal.”

“When I kissed you, you kissed back. I thought you agreed already.”

Those words made me embarrassed enough to make my face go red. This God is so annoying.

“What are you saying? I didn't do that.” I pushed him away.

“I will take you to the human world. To prove you don't need them and you should be here with me.” He commanded in a serious tone. He grabbed me and carried me in his arms.

That was the moment I realized that the garden was floating in the sky where it had its wings. A very lovely pair of white wings.

My thoughts were interrupted when we finally reached the Kingdom of Windsor. And there I saw my father. He looks so sad.

“Father!” I shouted.

“He can't hear and see you. I casted a spell. I said I will only let you see them.” he explained.

He then brought me to Nikolai’s room. I saw him looking out the veranda. I wanted to hold him but Hephaestus held my waist by his strong arms.

“Prince Nikolai.” Isabella entered his room.

I was surprised by the next scene I witnessed. Isabella hugged Nikolai tightly from the back.

“Please don't be depressed because she left you. I'm still here. I love you Nikolai.” I always had. She confessed.

My heart felt betrayed. Why Isabella?

My eyes welled with tears up after seeing Isabella, my dear sister- was kissing my husband.

I closed my eyes and shouted.

“That's enough!”

Hephaestus hugged me. He covered my eyes and flew back to the garden.

I cried all out hugging Hephaestus. “It was an illusion, right? If it wasn’t, it's too painful to see. “

Why should it be my own sister?

I never hated her even though she was the reason why our mother died. I never let her down. I stood up like a mother to her. Then this is what I got?

“If you choose to go back, your sister will hate you. If you return, I'm not sure Nikolai will be happy. Yes, the king is lonely. But the question is- Will you be happy with them?”

Hephaestus word's trembled in my heart.

Should I think about my own happiness? Or theirs?

“Sorry, I meant everything I said. If you choose me. I will make you the happiest bride. Please be with me.” He held my face to kiss me.

“I love you so much. I will do everything to protect you. I will cherish you forever.” His sweet words were so deceiving. Deceiving enough to let him kiss me again.

“You kissed me back, does that mean you accept me?” He asked, smiling.

I'm not sure of what I feel for him. But the only thing I'm sure about is that I should forget my life in the human world.

I should forget all about Nikolai.

“I want to start a new life with… You.” Those were the only words I said. Enough to make the God of fire jump for happiness.