Chapter 5: My eyes will give you clues

Princess Astaire’s Point of View

I had a dream. I was with my mother. She is brushing my hair and singing to me my favorite lullaby.

“Mother, when will you give birth to my little sister? Is it near? Is it painful?” I faced here and asked. I leaned on her tummy and tried to listen.

“Once you will find the man that you will truly love and have his baby- you will know it, Astaire.” She smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

Man that I will love?

I woke up and remembered that my mother died shortly after she gave birth to Isabelle.

Man that I will love?

What is love anyway?

Then one day I met Nikolai- first son of the House of Capulet. He was silent and soft spoken. Father introduced him to me as my fiancé when I was just 15 and he was 17 years old back then.

Both of us are too young for marriage but then I realize I loved him already from our first meeting.

“Princess, I've heard that your mother died when you were still young. My mother died when I was just 9 years old. I am wondering what it’s like to have a mother. I never got a chance to.” He opened up to me for the first time.

“Maybe I can answer that if I became a mother someday.” I smiled and I found both of us blushing.

I thought Nikolai loved me from that time on. I was wrong though. He didn't love me. He even forgets my birthdays. He doesn’t even visit me prior to our wedding. I saw him on our wedding day and he was so handsome. And yet he was so cold. It’s obvious he didn't want to marry me.

On the night of our wedding, he slept beside me but he didn't even talk to me. Everyone in the castle knew how cold he was. We didn't even share the same bed following after our wedding night.

There was one night when I decided to surprise him. I entered his room and asked if I could stay there. I was wearing a nightgown and was really seductive. He pushed me against the wall and imprisoned me with his both arms. He whispered close to my ear: “Your dress. Change it. Please.” He pleaded and turned away.

“Don't you wear that kind of outfit ever again Princess Astaire.” He didn’t glance up at me ever again.

I ran and locked myself in my room. I feel embarrassed. Am I not pretty? Am I not attractive? I cried myself to sleep all night.

When I woke up, I was in a beautiful garden and laying in a bed of roses.

I was very surprised at the man who showed up in front of me. He had blonde hair, a masculine figure and deep blue eyes. He was looking at me intently when it dawned upon me that I was wearing the nightgown which I had prepared for Nikolai.

I was flustered. I looked around and I realized that there was so many gold around the garden. Gold ranging from cutlery, glasses and jewellery.

What is this place?

“Are you a royal magician? Why am I literally lying here in a bed of roses?” I asked but he didn't say a word. He was just staring at me. Maybe he was attracted to my outfit.

He sat on the stone directly in front of me. He folded his arms and crossed his legs. Is he probably a Genie?

I asked him if he was when I accidentally fell. This Genie didn't even move an inch to at least catch me.

"Are you laughing at me?!” I asked, agitated. Instead of helping me he just laughed.

"Mister?” I asked again.