After the mission.

Angela hasn't seen Jack for a while. She was worried about him. The man she trusted, who told her everything, didn't tell her anything about what he was. She kept waited in her room until she heard some knocks at her door. She opened it to find one of the other doctors. The doctor said the name and it set her off. She ran to the medical wing and rushed to see him. "He was rushed here with a broken rib." Angela looked at the doctor and thanked them. She asked everyone to clear out. They listened to her. They didn't fix him yet, waiting for him to be out with the pain killer. Angela got to doing the normal before procedure stuff, washing of the hands, gloves, mask, anything that was needed. She got to his surgery.
---
The surgery took a few hours but she completed it. His heart rate was back to its normal beat and tears started racing down Angela's face. She didn't know what happened but she promised to always be there. She was glad he was okay but he needed time. She sat next to him until he woke up, only getting up to deal with her personal things had change out his iv bag. She slept next to him, her hand in his and wasn't scared awake by her nightmare. Her dreams were different. She didn't get her usual thing. It was just different. She couldn't remember it. When she woke, she stayed by his side. It took two days for him to wake up. She was asleep next to him when he was up. Neither of their bodies liked the sleep, so it was strange that they were able to get some. He moved himself a small bit before realizing she was there. He put his hand on her head and smiled. She felt his touch and woke up. She yawned and stretched before realizing he was up. She jumped a bit at the sight of him but smiled and let tears fall. She had been talking to him when he was down and he remembered her words perfectly. He looked at her, clearly in pain but still kept a serious expression. "Angie... I-." She put a finger over his mouth as he tried to speak. She got one of the other doctors in the room to bring him some water. "Can you sit up for me?" His soul was bright. He was alive and well but would be in pain. The doctor brought in a cup of water. She thanked them and they left. She wanted to be alone with him. She gave him a minute to try and get up. He was careful of his wound, which hurt him to move. He managed to sit up. He was strong. "Open." She requested. He did as she said and she gave him a bit of water. "Don't worry. You're not dehydrated but you can't speak with that dryness in your throat." She didn't want him to speak. "Just relax. I'll figure out what happened later. Right now, you need to rest. Lay back down and sleep. You may not feel tired but with an injury like that, you need to rest." She smiled. She kissed his cheek before grabbing his hand and sitting down next to him. "Please, just listen. Jack... you need to rest. You're in pain." He looked at her, emotionless. He didn't want to do this. He did listen to her, because she was a doctor and knew this better than him.
---
It had been a few days since Jack was taken I tot he hospital ward under Ziegler's care. He was able to speak again but not able to move around yet. He still needed time before he could move again without the pain. But he would need to do some things eventually. Angela had a clipboard in her hand and a pen in the other. "What happened? Why do you have a broken rib?" She wanted to hear him and his reasoning. He didn't answer immediately. "Angie, does it really matter? You'll only hate the reason. You're scary when angry so just trust me. You don't want to know it." She wasn't too happy with his response. "Jack, I need to know this for medical reasons. If I know, then I'll be able to give you tips on what you can and cant do for a while. If you won't answer me, would you answer to another doctor?" The commander looked at her. "Maybe. I will tell you if you promise to not get mad." She hesitated but nodded. He knew it meant her promise. "I was promoted to a higher ranking. Gabriel wasn't a fan of that and decided to attack me. He was mad at me for keeping him as the commander of Blackwatch and not letting him completely stay with Overwatch." He said with a sigh, which hurt him. She have him a worried look. "He's going to regret what he's done to you. Look at you, you're beaten bloody. I know his weak point. The physicals makes me know. Or course I did use him to test my experiment..." she kept rambling. "Angie, don't worry. It's not that bad. He is in charge of something else where he could get hurt. Just protect him." She looked at him with a confused look. "What? Protect him? Why should I protect him?" He sighed again, which hurt him again. She mouthed stop to him. "You're angry. You're jealous. You're too young. You need to do your job. Be sarcastic with him but keep him alive. He will feel pain and try to push you away but I need you to protect him. You know we tolerate each other sometimes, right? We used to be the closest friends. Then someone came. We both wanted them and it all went down hill." Angela listened to his words and felt targeted. Was that person her? Her breathing and heart stopped for a second. She felt guilty, even if it wasn't her. "I-I'm sorry..." she said before standing and turning her back to him. "Angela?" She didn't answer. "I'll leave you alone. You- probably need time away from people." She said. She walked away to the door. She didn't look back like she normally does. She just felt like their person he was talking about was her. "Call another doctor if you need anything. I'll be doing my work. Just a few days behind..." she opened the door and left, closing it behind her. She instructed one of the doctors to monitor him just in case and call her there in case of an emergency. She was out to find Gabriel. She walked around the entire building before finding her way to his room. She knocked on the door to see if he was in there. There was no response so she just left to actually do some work. "What do I do? I ruined it, didn't I? Like always. This is why nobody bothered to be with me through all those years. I needed to be alone through it. They tried." She was whispering to herself. She continued walking to her room.