Bother

You had been an agent at the DEO for a long, long time. Longer than Supergirl had been around. You and Kara had never gotten along. Alex was a good friend of yours but you and Kara always managed to get under one another's skin. It wasn't exactly her skin you wanted to get under, as much as you wanted to be under her. Or on top of her, whatever she was into. But you would never admit that to her, because you didn't want to make her ego any larger than it already was. You were training, secluded, taking out your usual frustrations on a punching bag.

"I'd hate to be that bag. Oh wait, no I wouldn't. It wouldn't hurt." You heard Kara say, chuckling at her own comment.

"Danvers, I swear if I could beat the hell out of you I would." You gritted your teeth, landing punch after punch on the bag. 

"I actually came in here to talk to you." She replied, standing next to you.

"Listen, save it. I don't want to hear your snarky comments, or endure whatever kind of torture you want to put me through today. Go find someone else to bother." You stated, turning to look at her.

It almost looked like a hurt flashed across her face.

"Forget it, you're a fucking asshole." She glared at you, scrunching up her nose in that adorable way that made your heart skip a beat.

"Kara, wait." You reached out and grabbed her by the wrist, attempting to stop her. 

You felt her tense up and then relax, ever so slightly.

"I want us to stop fighting so much." She murmured.

"I can agree with that." You felt bad because she seemed genuine.

"Why do you hate me so much?" She suddenly asked, turning to face you, but making no attempt to remove her wrist from your grip. 

"I don't hate you Kara. It's just, I don't know. I felt like I was a big part of the DEO until you came along. Obviously that's how it should be since you are a superhero but, I just felt really replaced by you and I let it get under my skin and didn't give you much of a chance." You admitted.

"I'm sorry you felt that way." She said, putting her hand on top of yours that was gripping her wrist.

"I also maybe felt like it was easier to be an asshole than try to get to know you because I think you're absolutely stunning and instead of getting on your nerves I want to be getting on you." You told her. 

Her eyes widened as she looked at the floor and you watched a light pink blush spread over her cheeks.

"Oh, I, um, thank you. I've always kinda felt that way about you too." She replied.

Hearing this made you confident, and you tugged on her wrist. You must've caught her off-guard because she stumbled into your arms. You giggled at the shy look on her face and place one hand on her cheek, pulling her face close to yours. Your lips grazed hers, seeing if she was okay with it. Suddenly, her hand was on the back of your neck, pulling your face down and closing the gap again. She kissed you passionately, one hand still on the back of your neck and the other in your hair. Your hands gripped her hips, as her tongue teased your bottom lip. She slowly pulled away from you, both of you breathing heavily. 

"Wanna go out sometime?" You asked, smiling like an idiot.

"Only if you're paying." She joked.

You playfully rolled your eyes at her, laughing as she dragged you out of the training room to go to Alex.