Forbidden

I was staring at the white two-story house with a smile on my face, remembering the laughters and tears. I can clearly remember too how we run catching each other's face to put some flour or run to save our own life from the tickles and pinches. It's still vivid that this, this used to be my home-our home.

"Babe?" I faced the person who called me and smiled at her. "Why do you keep on staring at that old house? Sorry to ask tho. It's just, it's weird."

"Haha! What's weird? It's just a house babe."

"Yun na nga eh. This is your nth time staring at that for freaking sake babe."

"Huh?"

"Babe, I always caught you staring at that everytime I jog with you, or before going home."

"It's ah nothing babe. Let's go"

For one last glance, one last time. Thank you for the memories. It was a great journey. Those memories will always be worth the pain and happiness.

"AAAAAAAAAAH AFTER FREAKING 10 YEARS! HELLO PHILIPPINES!!! AAAAAAAH SO GOOD TO BE BACK BABE!!!"

I laughed at her reaction. Priceless. She used to be a baby doll but now haha can I say she's somehow a barbie? At least tumangkad!

I love the way she tells how her day went and how her eyes sparkles every time she finishes a book. I also love the way she diligently deliver her rants about some authorities or how her teacher has favoritism. Oh, and not to mention how she handles the bullies and the discrimination.

To me, she's my everything. She's actually what I only treasure. Sabi nga sa kanta, kunin nyo na ang lahat sa akin, wag lang ang aking mahal. Crazy. Crazy how I really love this girl.

"Babe com'on let's eat on a buffet!"

Funny how she pouts everytime she wanted to eat. Funny how the food fits her tummy. ANG DAMI NYA KUMAIN!

"Okay, let's do that. Where to po madam?"

"Viking's!!" Tsk. Walang pinagbago.

The staff greeted us and I turned the respect by bowing my head a bit. Aw, same aroma.

"Babe, let's go see the sunset by the bay later ha?"

"We'll do that babe. Eat na"

It's been years but I still think of her. Nasaan na kaya sya? Kamusta na sya? Ano na ba mga achievements nya?

"What's with the deep sigh mister?"

"You wanna know a story babe?"

"Ahuh" she said as she nods her head. She's really interested in every story ha. Chismosa nako.

"Okay, I'll tell you later at the bay."

"Why not now? Argh!"

"Para mas may feelings."

After finishing the food, we walked until we reached the middle part of the bay, eyeing the beautiful sunset above the calm water.

"Do you wanna know why your name is Isabel Beatriz?" she looked at me and nodded her head like an excited baby. Cute.

I turned my head back to the sunset view and so did she.

"Isabel Beatriz is the name of my love, babe." I looked at her and she smiled.

"I know. I heard you dreaming of her once. You were crying daddy. You were begging."

"Really?"

"Yup. You were saying 'Bei please. Tita Det, parang awa nyo na. Mahal ko si Bea'."

I sighed. "Isabel,"

"Tell me what happened daddy. I wanna ask you about it but I'm afraid you'll break down in front of me. I, I can't stand it daddy. I don't want to see you crying but if that'll ease the pain then I think I'm braver now to hear your story."

"Bea please. Tita Det, parang awa nyo na. Mahal ko si Bea. Mahal na mahal ko sya" nakaluhod ako ngayon at nagmamakaawa. Hindi ko yata kayang ilayo nila sa akin si Bea.

"Thirdy, hindi nga tayo pwede. Baka ano baka yang pagmamahal mo sa akin ay pagmamahal ng isang kapatid."

"So Lola Mozzy isn't your real mom?"

"No Isa. She's my real mom. Bea, Bea's a daughter of Lolo Bong. But Tita Det is not her mom. We don't know her real mom is. Or maybe she knows now who. I hope so."

"Oh so she's like me daddy. I don't know where my parents is. I don't know who they are. I don't know why they left me."  she faced me and smiled a little.

"But are you not happy with Daddy Thirdy?"

"I am very much happy daddy. I love how you treated me. I love how I lived my life for the past 16 years. I love how you spoil me."

I chuckled at her last sentence. Maybe I was just afraid na pati sya mawala kaya lahat bigay ko. But she's not a brat kahit spoiled sya. That's what I'm thankful for.

"Daddy, is that house from 10 years ago the house of Bea?"

"No babe. It's our house. Bea and I, pinag ipunan namin yun. Dun sana kami titira kaso bago pa kami ikasal, nalaman namin na magkapatid kami."

"Isn't is painful na you've known the truth after so many years?"

"Thirdy, wag ka naman magalit sa Daddy mo."

"Kagaguhan yon ma! 8 years. 8 years kami ni Bea tapos ngayon lang nya sasabihin na magkapatid kami? Tangina. May DNA test pa! Pucha anong laban ko? Minahal ko lang naman kapatid ko!"

"Of course it is babe. But life goes on. You have to accept the fact. Matagal man bago ko natanggap, dahil aaminin ko Isa namimiss ko pa rin sya. Pero we can't do anything about the truth na kapatid ko sya."