Chapter 3~ The Crazy and the Camellia

Video because I can. And I love Fullmetal Alchemist! (Finished Brotherhood, soon to start the original...) Anyways, enjoy the chapter!!!
________________________________________________________________

Great. Another of these things. Zextra thought to herself as a slobbering, sharp-toothed humanoid jumped into the street in front of her. It swung its grotesque claws at her, though she was too fast. She ducked below the deadly razors, crouched low to the ground, but failed to notice the second evil bipedal creature. It grabbed her ankle, yanking her into the air upside-down, slamming her head onto the pavement before lifting her higher. Blood oozed through her hair, and the world spun around her as she tried to fight off dizzines. She refused to let a minor bump on the head be her downfall, punching at the creatures and kicking with her free leg.

As she was ungracefully thrashing around, a loud "YAHOO!!" echoed through the streets. From her upside-down position, a teen boy with blue hair in the shape of a star appeared to hang off the top of a building. As he gained the attention of Zextra's tormentors, he began yelling, "I'm Black☆Star, the greatest star ever, so listen up! I can't be beat, so why don't you just give up now!"

He was about to continue with his nonsense when another teen, this one a girl with long black hair, came running up behind him. "Black☆Star, you shouldn't run off like that!" She chastised, before noticing Zextra's predicament. "We need to help her, Black☆Star! Save your speech for when there isn't someone in mortal danger!"

"Tsubaki, kusarigama mode! YAHOO!" The girl gave a quick nod before giving off a flash of yellow light and becoming a chained, double-ended scythe.

Zextra blinked once in surprise at seeing another Meister and Demon Weapon pair, but realized they must also be from the DWMA. Black☆Star, with the weapon Tsubaki in hand, jumped from the building's roof to the pavement, still seeming upside-down to Zextra. Black☆Star sliced at the two creatures with each end of his Weapon, slashing the arm off one and spewing blood from the thigh of the male holding Zextra. She fell towards the ground, bounding a few feet from the angered humanoid in a partial handspring. When she had regained her footing and her dizziness had dissipated, Zextra pulled her dagger from its hidden sheath in her clothes. Black☆Star focused most of his attacks on the creature who had been holding Zextra airborne, but slashed at the other enough to keep it at bay, bragging about himself the whole time. Zextra leaped at the second, one-armed, being from behind, successfully stabbing it high on the left shoulder blade, causing it tohowl in pain. Black☆Star impaled the skull of the creature he was fighting, turning atound in time to watch as Zextra ripped her dagger from the second creature's flesh and slit its throat to the bone.

Black☆Star and Zextra stared at each other for several moments, while Tsubaki shifted back to her human form. Zextra continued to examine their souls, noticing their vastly different personalities. Tsubaki smiled gently, asking "What's your name?"

"So they didn't tell everyone about me. That's a surprise," Zextra said sarcastically, ignoring the question.

"Who are you talking about?" Tsubaki asked confusedly.

Zextra smirked a little bit, "Lord Death, his son, and those two pistol-girls. But hey, if they didn't want to tell you about me, then they don't have to. Anyways, I'm Zextra."

"No one is as great as Black☆Star, YAHOO! But how did you do that?" He pointed at what used to be the near-kishin creature before Zextra had ripped open its throat.

She shrugged. "Practice. Kid wanted me to join the DWMA, but obviously I haven't." The duo stared at Zextra, not sure how much practice she had had using her unassuming dagger against those who threatened her. Before they could recover, Zextra turned on her heel, walking into the night, her parting words being: "You can have the souls, I have no use for them."