drunk in love.

a//n lol i just realised my chapters aren't that long.....I'll try to make them a bit longer from now on.

i managed to avoid Beau the rest of the week. but i had no choice on Fridqy, I'd already promised Jai I'd go to his party.

i invited Adrianna over after school to help me get ready for the party. she let me borrow one of her dresses, it was tight and red with detailed straps on the back. i paired it with a pair of my own shoes, they were black heels, and almost impossible to walk in.

"i can't breathe in this dress Adrianna." i whine.

"shut up, you look great."

i proceed to finish curling the ends of my hair. i wear my usual winged eyeliner and so,e red lipstick.

Adrianna was wearing a dress similar to mine except it was black and was a bit longer. she straightened her hair and wore a pair of silver heels.

"there goes my self asteem." i say when she finishes getting ready.

"don't be silly, you look hot as, what time does the party start?" she asks me.

"um, 7:30." I say checking the time on my phone, shit we should probably go.

"how are we getting there?" She asks me.

"We're walking."

"Can't Daniel drive us?" She whines.

"Daniel left two hours ago."

"Urgh, whatever lets go." she grabs my wrist and leads me out the door.

It's only a ten minute walk the the brooks house. the place is already packed when we get there.

I turn to Adrianna at the front door.

"Okay I have to find someone, I'll meet you back here at 11?" I ask her. She nods.

"Have fun, don't die!" She exclaims to me before running off.

I walk up the front step and immediately crash into Luke.

"Naya?!" He asks in disbelief.

"Yeah it's me." I say.

"Oh my god, you look amazing." His eyes travel up and down my figure, making me self conscious.

"Thanks.....um have you seen Beau? I need to talk to him."

"out the back I think, is Adrianna here?" I smirk knowing Luke has a crush on Adrianna.

"Yeah she ran off somewhere, she's probably drunk by now."

"Cool, well I'll catch you later."

"Alright, thanks." I say pushing past the crowd of people to get inside the house. I grab a drink off the table and drink it a little too fast, making me slightly dizzy.

I see Beau talking to so,e random girl across the room. taking a deep breath I walk over to them. He immediately excuses himself from their conversation, turning to me.

"Look, I'm sorry about what Happ-"

"No, Naya, I'm sorry it's my fault."

"It's not your fault, I was scared."

"I'm sorry, but I think it's best if we just stay friends." He says staring at the ground.

"I think that's best too." I smile.

"Well, go party! By the way Jai wanted to see you."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Cool, well see you later then." I say.

"Bye."

That went better than I expected it to. I grab another drink off the table, taking slower sips this time.

"Naya." I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around, Jai.

"Hey Jai." I smile.

"You look...." He searches for the right words. "Stunning."

I shake him off. "Thank you?" I was never good at receiving compliments.

We make small talk. Jai remains fixated on me, even when slutty girls in tight dresses walk past.

Fireproof by one direction starts playing. I excitedly place my hand on Jais wrist.

"Ooh I love this song, can we please dance?" I beg him.

"I never thought you were a directioner."

"I'm not, I just love this song."

"Sure."

>>>>>

The party began winding down around 2 am. I found Luke and praised him for the party of the year, was I drunk? Little bit. My body didn't have great alcohol tolerance.

"I had fun tonight Jai." I tell him.

"Me too."

Naya! I'm staying here, love you." Adriana slurs.

"I didn't think it was good for her to walk." Luke says.

"Whatever you say." I raise my eyebrows.

"Your walking home?" Jai asks me.

"Yeh, it's only three blocks."

"I'll walk with you."

"No you don't have to-"

"Well I want to, come on."

We walk in silence. My feet begin killing me. Damn heels. Jai looks down at my feet.

"are your shoes hurting you?" He asks me concerned.

"A little but, I can handle it." I grimace.

"Here take of your shoes." He says stopping.

I oblige. Taking off my heels and handing them to him. He takes of his shoes and hands them to me.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course." He says.

"Thank you." I smile at him.

We continue walking. He holds my shoes the whole way.

"Thank you for Walking me home, Jai."

"It's alright, as long as I get to spend more time with you."

"Naya, can I ask you something?" He asks me.

"Go ahead."

"Look Naya, I love hanging out with you, I was wondering, do you want to go out with me.?" He asks me nervous.

I think about it. Jai has always been there for me, the one who walks me to classes everyday.

"I love you Naya."

"I love you too." I say.

And I actually mean it.