Ch.4 : Friends in LA

"Hey, I just got a call from Kristen." Neena told Colby as she walked into the living room with two cherry coke cans in her hand. She handed one to Colby as she sat down beside him on the couch, opened hers and took a swig.

"Scott's girlfriend?" Colby asked. Neena nodded and then took a couple more swallows of her soda before setting it down on the end table.

"Yep." Neena replied.

"Wow. What'd she have to say?" Colby asked as Neena scooted close and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, resting her chin adorably on his shoulder. He turned his head to look at her and smirked.

"She wants to know if I want to come spend the day with her on Saturday since everyone's gonna be gone at VidCon." Neena explained. Colby looked amused.

"Huh... have you hung out with her before?" he asked.

"No, this'll be the first time. We've been trying to get together but we've both been so busy." Neena told him.

"So... are you gonna go?" Colby asks. Neena sits up and looks him in the eyes.

"I was considering it. I mean, you're not gonna be around and I think it'd be fun to meet someone new, ya know? Especially a girlfriend of a YouTuber. She might have some tips and tricks to share."

"Tips and tricks? What the fuck does that mean?" Colby asked her, furrowing his eyebrows at her. Neena tried not to snicker, but mostly failed, instead ending up making a weird sound in her throat. Colby raised an eyebrow at her which made her laugh out loud anyway.

"Stop! It means, she's been with Scotty for a while now and I guess he and all of his friends make videos. She says they're all friends with this David-guy and he's some kind of big name on YouTube. She says he's really funny but, like I said, no one is supposed to be home this weekend so it'll be just me and Kristen. She talked about wanting to cook me dinner so that's got me the most excited." Neena rambled, seeming curious about the whole thing. Colby wanted more details however.

"Wait, hold up, what did you mean about tips and tricks? Explain that to me?" he requested once again. Neena looked at him blankly and blinked a few times, something she often did when she was trying to figure out what to say.

"Oh... Just that her boyfriend is a YouTuber and my boyfriend is a YouTuber and I told her that if she had any advice for me I'd appreciate the hell out of it." Neena explained. Colby stared at her, the meaning of her words calculating inside of his brain. But then he saw that Neena's expression was shifting from amusement to concern.

"Nah, that's fine. I just... " Colby began but then his words trailed off and he broke eye contact. Neena bent herself around so that she could look into his eyes, forcing him to look back at her which made him smile because of the contorted position she ended up in while trying to get his attention.

"What?" Colby complained and chuckled. Neena smirked at him.

"What do you mean, 'what?' ya goofball! What's wrong with wanting advice from someone who knows what it's like to date someone who makes videos every week for their job? I've never known anyone who does this for an actual job before! This is new territory for me." Neena defended. Colby smirked at her.

"Yeah you do, that guy from the Netherlands with the ASMR channel... " Colby corrected her. Neena gave him a stern look.

"Not anywhere near the same. Luuk was a college student and he supplemented his allowance from his parents with his channel. He didn't actually use it to sustain himself." Neena explained. Colby smirked. "What's the big deal? What am I missing here?" Neena asked, looking concerned once again. Colby took a minute to collect his thoughts. Dammit! He thought. He hated it when she put him on the spot like this...