Ch.2 : One Month

Tuesday - June 20th

ONE MONTH CELEBRATION!!! <3

The day had gone completely as planned and Colby was feeling very proud of himself!

Then finally, they were on their way to the restaurant. It was called, Castaway, and was located in Burbank, high up on the side of a hill overlooking the city. Devyn had made reservations for 7 o'clock which put them there right in time to watch the sunset. I mean, did it get more romantic than that? Colby wondered as he smiled over at his amazing girlfriend who was looking even more beautiful than ever!

She was just so dang cute! With her new sparkly blue nail polish, her very fashionable fresh-face of makeup, her hair done up in a pair of adorable double french braids, and her brand new robin's egg blue romper and matching Van's with yellow daisies all over them to complete the look! She completely embodied every element of summer and Colby couldn't keep his eyes off of her! She was simply radiant!

After ordering their meals and enjoying the picturesque view from the corner-most table on the outside balcony, Colby felt it was the right time to talk about what he needed to talk about with her. He'd been stewing about it all week long and had played it out in his head so many times, yet he still felt uncertain as to which way was going to be the best way to breach the topic...

"So... " Colby began. "There's something... that I want to talk to you about." and he had Neena's attention at once. He got a little taken aback by the intensity shift in her demeanor but he quickly recovered and proceeded as planned.

"I want to know, what you think, about coming out - about... well, about us." he stated and Neena tilted her head slightly to one side and gazed at him with curiosity whilst she pondered his words. Colby continued after clearing his throat.

"I think, if you're okay with it, of course... I think we should go public with our relationship and make it, you know, official." Neena considered his words.

"Like, official-official?" she asked?

"Yeah... " he replied with a quirky smile.

"Like, Facebook official?" she asked with a little raise of eyebrow. Colby grinned.

"Yes, exactly! Like, Facebook official, yes!" Colby was always so grateful whenever Neena was able to understand what he was trying to get at, even when he tripped over his words and made little, to no, sense. Neena smiled in an extra adorable way and Colby couldn't quite be sure what she was thinking. He felt like he was holding his breath while he waited for her response.

"Alright." she said simply but peered at him with slightly squinted eyes. "Is there something else?" she asked and Colby smirked.

"You always know! How do you always know?" he asked, once again, completely flabbergasted by her innate ability to read him. It was terrifying, but he loved it at the same time!

"I dunno." she said in response. "I just pay attention, I guess." she told him with a smile. "I just like you." she added and Colby started to feel bashful all of a sudden. He tried not to grin like a fool, but the more he tried to stifle his smile, the more he smiled until he completely gave up and started to laugh at himself. Neena giggled at him. God, he loved it when she did that!

"I'm glad. I am. I like you too." he told her and she flashed him a brilliant grin that lit up her whole face. Colby's heart skipped a beat. What was he talking about again? Oh yeah! Facebook official!!

Colby cleared his throat and then reached out for Neena's hand which she took automatically and held in hers.

"I'm ready." he told her and licked his lips. Then he noticed that she had no idea what he was talking about, so he elaborated.