Revive

The air felt stale it had an unusual odor that made breathing unpleasant and her wrist started cramping from all the writing. Her dream home was only a few signatures away and her heart was about to explode with excitement. "Yes very good, now sign this last paper madam and the property is yours." He flashed the young woman a smile revealing his corroded teeth as he waited for her to sign off on the final page. The thieving old man had made up lies as for why the home was so cheap and he lead the unsuspecting woman into his trap. Her hand swirled the final letters needed and it was now official, the house was hers. 

"Perfect this is perfect. I shall take you to the house but I cannot stay." The woman grabbed her things and gave him a questioning look "Nothing to worry about madam, its simply policy. Nothing to fear, the property has been taken care of and made suitable for you to just move right in, furniture, running water, and air filtration system." He lead her out of the building and hopped in his car "Just follow me down the road, it isn't too far out from town."

The drive was beautiful, unlike the other houses towards the town there were no others houses by here. She didn't really mind the thought of living alone, more quiet and less restrictions. Thea was a simple woman, she was independent and lived far from most of her family but it didn't bother her. Her contractor pulled in front of the dreaded house but he refused to get past the front gate "Sorry ma'am but it is getting a little late and I have a family who's expecting me back home soon." he nervously handed her the final paperwork she needed then handed the key and sped off. "Goodness, it seems as though people have forgotten how to use their manners." She waved away the rising sand as she watched his car disappear into the distance.

She didn't want to waste a second more so she hurried over to the front door. The porch was in perfect shape, not a paint chip in sight. The door swung open and immediately she was welcomed in by the sight of a perfectly still house. Everything was left clean almost as if someone was still living under her roof. She squealed with excitement and wandered into the kitchen, there were beautiful dark wood countertops and chandeliers hung perfectly still over the giant dining table. Her fingers trailed along the walls and she made one quick swoop around the house before going back out to unload her things.

- ( by the way when you see this it means that time has passed)

It was her first time seeing the master bedroom but It wasn't as luxurious as the rest of the house, there were scratch marks along the walls and dents here and there. Maybe the last occupants had a dog or cat and they had scratched up the walls? An easy fix she thought but the dents along the walls could not be pained over and forgotten so easily. The room started coming together as she placed her belonging here and there along the shelves and drawers, a light shone through the gap of her blinds and she was about to go open them but the light taps of feet were heard through the halls. She froze in her place and listened as the footsteps continued to tap through her home. She grabbed the small knife that she was using to cut open the boxes and slowly walk to the doorway of her bedroom "Hello, who goes there? I have a weapon and a damsel might I be but I will not be put in distress." The beating of her heart was all that could be heard through the whole house, she stood as still as humanly possible and listened for even the slightest creak. A few minutes passed and again she silently started unpacking.

After a few hours of convincing herself that the sounds were just the old house settling she decided to head to bed, tomorrow she needed to finish unpacking, buy some food for herself and maybe meet some towns folk.

Her eyes became heavier and just before she drifted into slumber she sensed the feeling of creeping eyes.

~~
I hope you liked this chapter, remember to like and comment! Much love!