Reborn

Her first night in the home wasn't as pleasant as she had hoped, she had woken up every hour and over time the feeling of watchful eyes became stronger. Finally the sun had risen and she knew it was time to get ready for her day. She first stripped out of her sleepwear and turned on the hot water, as she waited for the water to heat up she looked through her boxes for soap. After a few minutes of searching she stood upright and put her hands on her hips in frustration. What felt like a hand pressed onto her bare back and she quickly spun around, she saw herself in the mirror of the bathroom and saw all of her shower necessities right there on the counter before her. She ran in and locked the door behind her

No one is here Thea pull yourself together! It probably just slipped your mind that you had grabbed your things. No one touched your back, no one is in your house stop scaring yourself and get ready for the day.

After her hot shower her nerves had calmed down and she was grabbing her things so she could go down to the markets, again the sound of footsteps started. She froze and listened, today the footsteps were a lot heavier and slower like a mans steps. They seemed to be getting closer so she hid in the kitchen, she crawled to where she had hidden the knives but then they stopped. She waited a few seconds before standing, first she peaked over the island and there was no one. The curtains stood still and everything looked calm, slowly she stood up all the way. Her heart was beating in her throat as she slowly made her way to peak down the hall, again not a soul to be seen. Finally the breath that had been held in her chest was set free, she turned to put the knife back in her cabinet but there it was standing over her. She let out a scream that could be heard from the heavens and ran like hell, the door swung open and she ran for her life. She made it to her car and looked back. There stood the house laughing back at her, there it was the creature that was once towering over her. Now that she was away she had the courage to stare back into the soul of the beast in her house.

It stood tall and mighty, it looked like the shadow of a man and it had no features that she could see and it stood as still as a statue. She rubbed her eyes in hopes that it was her tired mind playing tricks on her and when her eyes returned to the window it was gone.

The curtains stood perfectly still and the only sound to be heard was her heartbeat. Her mind was racing as she made her way back towards the town. As soon as she made it into the town it felt as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She wondered through the farmers markets picking up whatever she needed as she went along. As she was walking back to her car she saw a shack that she hadn't noticed before, there were branches of different herbs and there were other things hanging down in front of the shop. The curiosity pulled her towards the shack and the smell of all these herbs hit her nose all at once making her face scrunch up, she looked around at all the bottles and packets of oils and ground up herbs when again she felt a hand on her back. She turned around quickly and she met eyes with an older woman. "Sorry dear I had no intention of frightening you, I just came to offer my help. My shop can be confusing for people who've never been here before. My name is Hecate, what can I help you with?" She gave me a warm smile and held her hand out to me and I shook it "I didn't come here looking for anything specific but your shop is very intriguing and I couldn't help myself, my name is-" Quickly Hecate snatched her name away and held it close to her heart "You're Thea, you live in that goddamned house down the road from town." The woman's face quickly lost all its color and her hand began to shake.

"How do you know this?" Thea took a step away from the woman and starred into her blank eyes, she looked almost as if her soul had left her body. "It doesn't matter how I know all you need to know is that you are in terrible danger. You must get out of that house." The woman started walking around the shop picking up oils and herbs. "I don't understand the man who signed the house to me told me that the house was in perfect condition I don't see whats so wrong with it." Her patience started to fade as the crazy woman continued to throw the herbs into a basket. "Its not about the house itself its about who lurks in your house." The woman began writing things onto a paper while again looking through the basket.