her eyes.

damons p.o.v.

    she looked so perfect standing there so shyly. her hair half braided, the rest down, her black shirt reading 'nothing matters but you', the way she held her drawing of ryan, she was just stunning. but her eyes, they sparkled so bright from excitement. i had to know who she was.

  "oh my god i love your drawing." i said. "thank you so much. i worked on it for like it 2 weeks. ive been looking forward to seeing  ryan and the rest of the dead end kids." she went on. she talked about her mothers passion for ryan along with her passion. "i like your TØP shirt." she said. "oh thank you." i replied. "i'll help you get your drawing to ryan." i told her, then returned to my spot in front of the stage.

----------

  "can you put the damn drawing down? i cant see." some girl spat at madilynn. i turned around to see an anxious madilynn holding her drawing to her chest. "do you want to come up here with me?" i asked her. she looked so broken, she had lost the sparkle in her eyes and it pained me to see her so upset. "yes please." she said smiling at me. i grabbed her hand and instantly felt something there. i felt like i needed to help and protect her anytime she needed. she had such a sad story and needed something good. i wanted to be that for her. she had came up to the stage with me and i left go of her hand and felt the cool air take her spot. "my names grace by the way." i said. "im madilynn, but you can call me maddie." she explained. madilynn, it had such a pretty ring to it. the more i got to know her it just fits her so well.

   "ryan!" i yelled getting the attention of the pretty boy on stage. the last few chords of z bergs 'time flies' rung. he looks up at madilynn and i and nods his head then makes his way towards us. madilynn hands him the drawing, "thank you." he says to her and walks back to his spot on stage. i pull her in for a hug and i never wanted to let her go. she was warm, that hug held our future. and although when she pulled away and had tears in her eyes, the sparkles had returned.

   she always looked so angelic swaying to the music, singing the songs. i often payed more attention to the gorgeous girl next to me, than the actual concert. the smile she had on her face when her and ryan exchanged i love you's was breathtaking. i was just as excited as she was during that moment. and it was the same way when ryan and i did half hearts with our hands. madilynn and i had countless random conversations with z. z had talked to her and i like the three of us had been bestfriends since birth. one of my favorite moments was when we were taking pictures of ryan backstage and her flash went off. she was so embarrassed but we laughed so hard together. her laugh was so adorable i could never get enough of it. i adored every aspect of her.

    that night is definitely one of the most memorable nights. z berg had interacted with me and maddie all night, we admired nick hinman together, ryan was in love with her and i, and dan shared his sweat with us. of course just being there with each one of the dead end kids made my night amazing but being able to enjoy it with madilynn made it so much better. it felt amazing to have a connection that deep with someone i had just met. who knew it was only the beginning?i felt so safe during those few hours spent with her. i talked to her like i had known her for years. she instantly brought so much light to my life.

   89th street collective has grown to be my favorite place. who knew some beat down bar on the crappy side of okc would be where i found love. theres not much to the place, theres a small bar counter in the back, there was a table set up as a merch stand, being on the not so nice part of town, the walls were coated with graffiti as well as the surrounding buildings, but it was the people that made it feel so welcoming. the way the small stage was set up with the equipment and the dead end kids banner, along with the glowing lights and faux candles, it made the place more inviting. the other fans there, along with the hugs ryan gave, the bright smile z flashed, and the positive energy that nick and dan gave really tied everything together. it was such an amazing experience.

   sadly though the night was coming to an end. i couldnt let go of madilynn, so i asked for her snapchat username. she handed me her phone and i quickly added her. i was really relieved that i didnt have to lose her. she had made my night unforgettable. i can never thank her enough for the way she made me feel that night. it was pure love. something i would want with her forever.

-----

   the whole ride home i went on and on about how amazing the concert was. but everything i said involved her. i couldnt get her out of my mind. i swear my dad heard the name madilynn at least 300 times during that car ride home. of course i mentioned ryan and z a lot. and i mean a lot, but everything i said led back to maddie. i hadnt texted her yet, i didnt want to be annoying. as i was scrolling through tik tok she appeared on my 'for you' page so i decided then would be a good time to contact her. i had sent her the screenshot of her video and was excited that i got to talk to her again. it was awkward at first but after a couple of days we were basically inseparable.

   she had asked me for my pronouns while we were talking on snap. i worried for a second but quickly remembered the way i felt around her so i told her. "he/him." she asked for a name. "do you know the vampire diaries?" i had asked her. "i go by damon." i told her. she immediately accepted me and made me so happy. 

   i had found myself falling hard for the girl with the sparkle in her eyes.

___________________________________________

hey :) im damon!! this story came up while me and madilynn were on a facetime and it was a spur of the moment thing to tell our story. i hope you enjoy the back and forth p.o.v. to get both sides of the story. i love maddie with all my heart. i have for 6 months now.

word count:1118 (before the authors note)