To Wonderland - Chapter 1

-Chapter One♥

Where are we? Mom? Mom?! Where are you? Where are you, mom?! MOM!

The school bell rang. Everyone packed up their things hastily. I was the first to finish packing my stuffs.  I stared at the teacher, waiting for those words.

‘Class dismissed! See you next Monday.’ Yes, finally, the words I’ve been waiting for. I was about to walk towards the door – the only thing to exit the friggin classroom –  with a very excited face, then a person called me by the name.

“ Cindy! Cindy! I see that you’re in a hurry! “, she said. A girl, wearing a knee length jeans and a pink t-shirt ran to me with a smiley face.

“ Oh great –timing! Wanna come to my house? I got something really exciting to show you, Lucie! “, I smiled. Lucie is my BFF. You could say that she is my only friend, since everyone labelled me as weirdo (and people treat me as a dangerous creature too, I think)

“ Really?! I’d love to!” She never dissapoint me. We’ve been through lots of stuffs together.  Last year’s Valentines Day, we held a Single Ladies party, which was pretty... awesome. And we break school rules together, running through the corridor, and stuffs like that. Yet, she’s still here. With me.

“ What’s that you wanted to show me? I could see that you’re really in a rush today!”, she said as we walked.

Well, yeah, she noticed me this whole morning? From the very morning when the clock stroked and rang, I sat on my chair, hoping the day would end quickly. You’re asking me why? Well, I’m excited over that thing! I acted as natural as possible, but I failed. Lucie still noticed me. Damn, she’s good.

“ Well, erm... how did you know that I’m in a rush?”, I asked in return, avoiding her question.

“ Nah, I just felt that you’re a bit... fast today.” , she smiled.

The what?! Really? I’m that obvious? Gosh, I really try to act natural.

“ Oh. I see”, I smiled back. We have the most awkward conversation ever! I felt so awkward that I hope I could fly! Wait, that’s really irrelevant from what’s happening now isn’t it? Okay, I admit that I’m weird. Please forgive me!

“Ah! Aunt Lily!” , I heard Lucie said. I looked up and saw my mom, opening our mailbox.

I rushed over like a mad dog. “ WAIT MOM! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Lucie, my mom, and everything surround us seems shocked. I ran- or you could say, fly- in a very dramatic way –slow motion- and lay my hands on the mailbox. Iquickly grabbed a chocolate coloured parcel in the mailbox. It’s the only thing there.

“WOULD YOU MIND TO SHUT UP A BIT MISS MORESON?”  , a very tall and skinny guy beside our house said, looking at me. He is our neighbour, Mr.Doggler. Rumours said that he is a wizard. But I didn’t believe in that. He sure is creepy. He makes weird noises at night, which was a very usual thing to hear in our house.

I looked at him, who was also opening his mailbox with a parcel, which looked a bit like mine. I seldom talked to him- and wished to never talk to him- but my curiosity invaded me and my mouth acted faster than my brain could.

“ Hi Mr. Doggler. I see that you’re also having a thing there!”, I laughed.

Everyone gave me that look. The look that was given to a murderer who had just murdered acute little puppy.

“What ? This? This is not the thing you could laughed at! It’s a thing that could bring human to outer space, or even further away... a fantasy land!” , he said. I could here that he really is addicted to the whole magic-thingy. Okay, maybe the rumours was right. He is a wizard. But who cares? I remembered of my own thing and turned to my mother.

“ I told you not to open the mailbox before me, mom!”, I said pouting at my mom and ran to Lucie. I grabbed her hand and dragged her into my house and towards my room in a lightning speed and left my mom outside with a ‘what just happened’ face.

“Gosh, what is wrong with you Cindy?”, Lucie asked me. I know she’s worried, but I changed the topic.

“ You don’t want to know what will happen, Lucie!” , I said as I ripped off the paper which wrapped around the thing I’ve been talking about. Then,  a box was seen.

Okay guys, the thing I was talking about is that today  is Lucie’s birthday. I will give her the best gift ever! Guess what? It’s a CD! It’s not an ordinary one, but it’s Pop Republic’s CD! –a band Lucie loves most!- She’s gonna love it!

“ Close your eyes, Lucie!” , I smiled and opened the box. My face bricked. A glassy ball was seen. This is not the CD. What is this? I hope it’s not a bad thing. Then, the ball glowed.

“Can I open my eyes now, Cindy?”, Lucie asked, still with her eyes closed.

“Er... Wait- wait Lucie.”,I panicked. I could hear my voice trembling.

“ Is there anything wrong, Cindy?”, Lucie asked.

“Yes! Er... I mean.. NO! Everythings... fine.”, I lied. Then a hole appeared and both of us are sucked into the hole in my room on MY ceiling.

Okay, we’re now flowing down into a deep cliff, i think. This reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. What?! We’re going to wonderland?! Wait, wait! What happened to my Pop Republic’s CD?! I don’t want to fight Jabberwocky! I dont’t want to meet the big headed red queen! Then, Lucie’s voice interupted my imaginations.

             “Cindy! Cindy! Why are we flowing?! What is this?! Wha-“

            “ I don’t know! I was supposed to show you that thing!”, I said.

            “ What thing?!”

            “ Pop Republic’s CD! Then it turned out to be like this!” , I said. Did I forgot to mention that we’re still on our way down to a place –which  i don’t know- and was scared like hell?

            “ You... bought me the CD?”, Lucie said in a teary eyes. She hugged  me. And I hugged her back. A long time passed and we’re still hugging. I decided to broke this hug since I’m still frightened of what might happen next.  I whispered, “ Where are we?”

            “ I don’t know. Probably the place Mr.Your Neighbour said. Mr. Duggler? Doggar? Whatever.”, Lucie said in a calm tone. What!? Did she just say that in a friggin calm tone? I’m as scared as hell yet she’s talking with a calm tone?! Okay, she’s really out of her mind.

“ Why did you say that with a very calm voice, Lucie?”

“Because this is a dream, isn’t it?”, Lucie said.

Haha, Lucie. Very funny. It could be a dream, but I’ve pinched myself hard on the cheeck and this is not a dream. Oh , yeah. Please don't forget that we're still on our way down from a cliff.

A few minutes later.

Yup. We're still on our way down and I felt super scared. I might have a height phobia because of this.

A few minutes later. I didn't dare looking down so I let my head look up, while Lucie... seem... excited?

Then we landed real hard on a real soft fluffy thing. I rubbed my eyes. Gosh, wonderland!? I stood up, dusting my clothes and I saw Lucie stunned in surprise. No way.

All we could see was.... cheese?