Part Four: NO DISTANCE LEFT TO RUN

Author's Note: A sad chapter, but enjoyable nonetheless to write. Thought I would change up this chapter, and show their challenges as a couple compared to the others where we saw Damon and Rayna happy. A lot of things happen in this chapter. Leave a comment or some feedback, it really helps me get these parts cracking on! This one is probably the longest chapter I've written just as a treat since I haven't updated in a while! What song should I write about next? Let me know!

Advisory: drug usage, sexual content, and pregnancy loss talk ahead.

Rayna packed her bags with tears in her eyes. whether this was the end of them, or not. She knew she had to go. Nothing could repair what already had been done.

The fact that Damon had slept with numerous women in Iceland had been on her mind for ages, now. And with the miscarriage there was the death of their relationship. Damon and her had been fighting for hours now. Things were thrown in one another's face, the pain in his and hers eyes, must have broke his heart because Damon had walked outside on the back porch with a cigarette.

Rayna began to cry to herself in their bedroom, with their bed still unmade and their clothes still on the floor. She couldn't help, but ask herself what they had become. What have they become, but shells of who they used to be.

---

"You fucked her, Damon! While I was back in here, being clean and the good little girl that you wanted me to be, huh!" She yelled, her hands moving around.

"Oh, fucking please like you didn't fuck Noel!" Damon yelled back, as he shook his head incredibly.

"First of all, we didn't fuck. He was there for me when you weren't because someone needed to go to Iceland for time to go fuck whoever!" She started to crumble as she said that. The pain in her voice was palpable, the betrayals, she could no longer bear it.

Damon sensed it, and began to approach her gently.

"Rayna.. please..." He said, gently putting his hands on her shoulders.

She started to cry, her heart literally hurt. And she never knew heartbreak like this. All of the things that she thought she could get over, was now brimming on the surface. Reopening, and torturing her. The drugs, the betrayals, everything.

"Don't touch me!" She cracked out, and pushed him off.

He stared at her, backing up.

"I'm sorry, what do you want me to fucking else say?!" He raised his voice, but he couldn't look at her any longer without tearing up himself. 

His voice cracked,

"What do you want me to do? Rayna.. wh-what.." He stammered, and gestured his shoulders, as if he had no idea what to do with himself. He looked back at her with this look that she couldn't read. It was desperation.

Rayna had never seen him like this before. He always seemed to know what to do in their relationship, but for the first time, Damon didn't.

"You... you can't do anything, Damon.." She sniffled, wiping her tears with her arm, as she held herself for some sort of comfort.

"We survived the heroin, but this.. I can't.." She sniffled again, a tear going down her cheek.

"And when we lost the baby.." She felt like she couldn't breathe at this point, and sat back down on the bed, she began to sob. All of the pain came out of her, as Damon held her tightly and cradled her like a child ironically.

"Shh... baby, let it out, let it out," He said as he shed a tear with her.

It amazed Rayna that despite their fight, Damon still comforted her. Because her pain was his, and vice versa. How could I possibly go on without him? She thought. He was a piece of her heart, and she him.