MVP

☾☆

It was the fifth set and the score was at 20-19 with Karasuno leading. The boys were obviously worn out already with sheer will power as the only thing helping them push forward.

One point. That's was all they needed to go to the nationals, to win the fight. One point that was hard to get but possible nevertheless.

[Name] couldn't do anything but watch and hope that this was the final serve for the game. Their current rotation really wasn't the best for receiving so they had to put it all in there.

With the whistle blown and the ball in the air, the game continued.

The [h/c]-haired manager watched the game with sharp eyes while gripping the handle on the bars. Once Shoyo had done his serve, he went to his position, only to be pulled and switched to another position by Tobio. The ball was on the other side of the court, about to be set. This was it.

[Name] smiled once she saw her boyfriend touch the ball, causing its momentum to weaken. She looked at Kei with adoring eyes and a proud smile as he shouted.

"One touch!"

The girl couldn't help but smile wider once she realized that Kei had successfully opened the path to their victory with just a mere touch to a moving ball.

'The stage is set. All that's left is to connect!'

"Chance ball!" Keishin shouted.

"Go Karasuno!" [Name] said, using the loudest voice she could.

Ryunosuke successfully received it, pushing the ball forward to Tobio. Then, as their attack, the boys once again did a synchronized running towards the front, an attack that has continuously given them the chance to pass through Shiratorizawa.

"Go!" Kei shouted to Shoyo who was mid-air.

BAM!

The attack got past the block but was received by Wakatoshi with his left hand, keeping the ball alive. Shoyo's eyes widened, surprised with the outcome.

"Shirabu!"

"Right!"

The ball was then set to Wakatoshi, which was immediately responded to by Kei.

"A straight!" the blond said.

With those few words, Ryunosuke, Asahi, and Kei went to block the attack, narrowing the direction once again. Shoyo, who was in the position received the ball with his head once again. A dangerous play, but still, it kept the ball alive.

"Hinata!" Hitoka said, with concern.

"Don't worry. He's got this," [Name] said.

Ryunosuke saved the ball, getting the second touch from the team. The second-year then called out to Tobio before asking Shoyo whether or not he was okay. The black-haired setter then angled the ball to the other team, giving them a chance ball. The setter once again aimed the ball towards Wakatoshi who had a strong aura emitting around him that said to give the ball to him.

With him spiking, the three people in front once again made a wall for the block, but this time, even the path for a straight was closed off. Wakatoshi, with quick thinking, immediately redirected it to a cross spike. Although it wasn't what was expected, the ball was still successfully received by Tobio who was right in the position where the ball went.

Both Kei and Shoyo suddenly felt the crushing weight of the pressure that the ace, Wakatoshi, was giving them. They, however, weren't alone. With the team on their back, the rally continued. Until the chance was set.