XXI

"he said he's coming in 10 minutes taemin hyung said," jimin turns his phone off as he temporarily puts it on the floor near the mirror. namjoon hesitantly follows jimin inside the spacious, blank room. sounds of footsteps serving their background beats while jimin busies himself with the speaker.

"okay. does he not have work today?" namjoon asks searching for a place where to sit.

"hyung, you can sit anywhere you want. there aren't really chairs," jimin finally finished readying the speaker, so he excitedly hops towards his phone. "nope, he doesn't."

picking it up, he—with the speed of light— taps in his passcode and immediately goes to his saved files to retrieve the rapper's self-composed song.

"i see," namjoon sits down in the corner of the room, facing away from the huge mirror. he carefully puts his bag down on the wooden floor and relaxes.

jimin is extremely excited but nervous. he really isn't expecting for the older to accompany him to practice. didn't namjoon initially decide to go home? what changed his mind?

"hyung," jimin calls namjoon who has his eyes happily and curiously roaming around to scan the room. it is quite adorable. namjoon hums. "i thought you're going home?"

don't get jimin wrong, he is incredibly glad that he gets to spend the day with the rapper more and gets to show a skill he is absolutely proud of. however, he feels as if this is the most nerve-wracking thing ever compared to any of the competitions he has participated in.

"nah, i changed my mind," namjoon replies, voice meek and monotone. his fingers are now thrumming the wooden floor, making beats and rhythms as he bops his head.

jimin decides not to push further and just enjoys the childish behaviour the older is showing.

"ok, i'm going to play the song now," jimin takes another breath before pressing play and then bolts in the middle of the room.

as soon as the first note plays, jimin looks up with hooded eyes. he rolls his head, eyes seductively closing as he completely immerses himself in the music. his body feels relaxed yet buzzing with adrenaline at the same time. he fluidly moves his body in soft, seductive yet powerful movements. beautifully guiding his body, creating ethereal pictures. art. jimin, feeling a sudden confidence in the middle of performance, he unhesitatingly makes eye-contact with the rapper and smirks.

he is doing better than most days today. his body feels good— feeling zero restrictions and worry. with the way he is gracefully dancing, he can see the ceiling and each part of the dance room, as he skillfully uses the space of the dance room. he has so much presence in the room, it makes him ecstatic.

once the dancer finishes, his chest heaves up and down, gasping for air. however, he refuses to collapse and is eager to maintain a stunning ending pose. not a few seconds, jimin hears loud clapping and cheers from none other than namjoon. the producer's eyes are sparkling and beaming brightly. the younger, feeling tired, chuckles from the older's reaction and collapses on the floor.

"holy shit, that was amazing," namjoon cheers, hands being unable to stop clapping.

"hyung, your hands are gonna hurt,"

"it will be worth it,"

jimin's smile stretches and he feels all the butterflies in his stomach erupting and erupting like how namjoon continues with clapping. this is bad. jimin is going to fall for him more. namjoon needs to stop with being unintentionally romantic and flirty. the younger blushes, heating up, not knowing whether it is from dancing or from his adorable hyung.

"minnie!" a familiar voice yells. jimin turns his head and sees taemin-hyung in sweats, waving aggressively.

"hi hyung!" jimin smiles, happy to see his friend again. he runs up to taemin and gives him a hug. intentionally hugging tighter and being unapologetic for being sweaty.