IX

the morning started and as usual, jimin was exhausted. practically feeling his muscle yelling at him for more rest and eyes stubbornly shutting to get more sleep.

jimin—with full-on uniform, earphones, sweater and a packed lunch—waited at the bus stop at his usual time. after the horrible weather yesterday, the sun was now shining brightly, drying up the wetlands. it still amazes jimin how the weather could change so quickly like his mood swings.

as jimin reached school, the trees and plants waved 'hello' producing rustled sounds mixed in with the chatter of the students.

the day, as usual, started with namjoon making his heart flutter in every chance they meet, taehyung's loud laughs filling the classroom as various of laughs joined in coming from their other classmates, and with him sneaking in extra amount of sleep before the teacher came in and started teaching the lesson.

informative and complicated stream of words escaped out of the teacher's mouth, hoping it entered the students' ears and stayed in their brains. (unfortunately majority of the class is just "enters in one ear and exits the other")

everything seemed to be in the ordinary.

'till lunch came.

jimin packed his silver laptop, which is covered with various stickers, in his bag and walked out of the class, straight to the cafeteria.

though, when he got there it was still normal. long lines of students waited to get their food in each stand and the loud peeving chatter of students that jimin's grew to accustomed to filled the cafeteria.

tip-toeing and craning his neck to search for taehyung and his supposedly 'crush' over the sea of laughing and talking students, jimin managed to find the familiar hazelnut hair of taehyung's despite the crowd of students that seemed to be gradually filling the cafeteria. weaving through mob and successfully reaching the table in one piece.

seriously how can people manage to navigate their way through the crowd? when he almost got lost the sight of his best friend's hair.

"hey chims," his bright smiley best friend greeted him, voice muffled from the food which prevented him from making an understandable greeting.

"don't talk when you're mouth's full," jimin scolded and was responded by a sheepish smile. putting his bag—with his laptop and lunch inside—down the table, jimin took a seat across his friend. "where's hyung?" asked the dancer after noticing the empty space next to the younger.

"i don't know maybe running late?" taehyung, without his mouth full of food, shrugged and took another spoonful of his lunch.

shrugging as well, jimin fished for his lunch in his bag, unpacked it and took a spoonful while reviewing his notes from his previous class.

"jimin~" after a moment of not talking, taehyung finished his lunch and seemed to decided to bother the older.

"yes tae?" asked jimin still zoned out and focused on re-reading and typing more notes.

"that's boring, i'm more entertaining and important. talk to me," taehyung complained, a pout decorating his adorable features.

still focused and unbothered, jimin responded with "will you make me a professional dancer in the future? and make me lots of money?"

"no..." taehyung replied, defeated.

"don't worry, i'm almost done," said jimin and as promised, after few minutes the overachiever was finished with his laptop and decided to shift his attention to his best friend.