Part 5

...sesk, sju, otte, ni... When the soldiers left him alone, his only activity that he could do in the pitch black darkness was counting the drops that fell on his so called bed. He turned on his side, closing his eyes and tapping with his robotic fingers a slow rhythm. He inhaled the cold air. It looked like he wanted to sing, but he instantly closed his mouth, as if the chill eat the words and melody out of his throat. So, he just continued to tap with the drops.

  He sat on a windowsill, looking out through the drop covered glass as he watched the rain washing the street. It was shady outside. No one was there, just parked cars, homes secured by blindfolds as if they were hiding their biggest secret, or were afraid of what was outside. On the road was flowing a little stream, carrying few white flowers on top from neadby tree.

  He sighed as he looked down on his hands. They were bruised up with bleeding knuckles. The cold window was easing the pain a little. He could still hear them. Hear his classmates making fun of his accent, of his family, everything that was different about him was like giving them free bullets into a gun that they would gladly shoot out of.

"Go home idiot, do you even understand me? Go run to your parents- oh wait, you don't have any! What will you do shorty, huh?..." It went on and on, repeating it. Every time he remembered every hit he landed on that kuksuger, his hands hurt a little more then before.

His joints weren't the only thing that hurt him tho. His ribs took a few blows as well and so did his jaw. He fought against his bully and this time won, but only by luck. Painful notes and challenging tone of his enemy was changed for screams in panic, calls for a teacher and asking if the guy was OK.