Chapter 26

Link's POV

Christy eventually fell asleep on my chest. I think I fell asleep too but not for long.

Our day pretty much consisted of waiting around for the call from the police station, if they ever call.

1 week later

Link's POV

We continued the same daily routine. Each day it becomes less and less likely that we'll find him. The kids slumber around and Christy and I cry every night. Rhett does GMM by himself. Each day, there becomes less and less hope.

1 week later (Lando's been missing for 2 weeks now.)

Christy's POV

My son, the one I'm supposed to protect with my life, is gone. I cry and cry. Every night, every day. Until...

Link's POV

Christy and I were sitting and waiting for the one thing we thought would never happen. The phone rang.

"Hello?" I picked it up before the first ring was done.

"Hi, are you Mr. Neal?"

"Yes."

"Great. There's news of your son. Can you be at the police station in 30 minutes?"

"Yes!" I practically screamed.

"Great. See you then. Bye now."

"Thank you. Bye." I hung up the phone and looked at Christy.

"Did they find him?" she almost screamed at me.

"No, but there's news. We have to go to the police station." Christy and I dropped Lily and Lincoln off at Rhett's house and went to the police station.

***

"Hi. We're the Neal's." I said.

"Ok. C'mon in." The police officer took us into the office we had filled out the missing person report in.

"Hello." Said the officer at the desk. "I'm head police officer Frank." We shook his hand and sat down in the chairs in front of a table. On the other side of the table he sat down.

"Do you have news?" I asked.

"We got a letter. But it's coded." He pulled out a piece of paper. "Coded with emojies." I took the piece of paper and placed it between Christy and I. It looked like this:

qwertyuiop
asdfghjkl
zxcvbnm

😢😂😭😪😥😰😅😓😩😫
😨😱😠😡😤😖😆😋😷
😎😴😵😲😟😦😧

😰😩😅😪 😱😩😦 😓😱 😱😨😡😭...😓😡 😰😩😅 😠😩 😂😖😨😥 😓 😱😨😰. 😓 😂😨😦😥 💰 😟😰 😱😨😥😅😪😠😨😰. 😭😲😭😪😰😠😨😰 😰😩😅😪 😷😨😥😭, 😖😭 😤😭😥😱 😖😅😪😥.

"We don't know what it says." Continued officer Frank. "Do you guys want to try?" I turned to Christy.

"The mythical beast." I said. "They can probably figure it out." We told officer Frank about the mythical beast. He thought it was a great idea.

YOU ARE THE MYTHICAL BEASTS!! YOU HAVE TO FIGURE THIS OUT OR LANDO WON'T MAKE IT.