Chapter 13

The next day

Jessie's POV

So the baby didn't come. I thought to myself. But I sure it will be tomorrow, right? Maybe, I don't know. All I can do is hope. I was sitting in bed reading before Rhett woke up to go to work, like always. I felt a tinge of sadness while I thought about the baby more. Then I thought. What if it never comes. What if there's something wrong. What if..what if... There were too many what ifs. It was after thinking this that I felt a tear roll down my cheek. What if I never get to see my baby. No. I can't think this way. Everything's fine. I sniffled a few times to try and stop crying but it must have been loud. Rhett woke up and was immediately comforting me.

"What's wrong." he asked, giving me a hug. "Is it the baby?" I nodded. I buried my face in his bare chest and he held me tight. We sat there for a while. "It going to be alright." He whispered. "The baby is fine." He stayed for a few more minutes. "I have to go to work." He said. I had stopped crying by now and was just enjoying Rhett's before shower, musky man smell. I mean, not like he doesn't always smell like a man. He got out of bed and went into the our new washroom attached to the bedroom. Err, master washroom or something like that.

***

I stayed homeschooled Locke and Shepherd and stress cleaned the house until Rhett came home from work at around 2:30. Then we spent "family time" together until the kids went to bed.

"No baby today." I said I Rhett while we were getting ready for bed.

"Don't worry. It will be soon." He kissed me and we went to bed.

Sorry for the short chapter!! I think your going to love the next one. Check out my other Rhett and Link fanfics, comment, vote, share and add to your library!