Hyewon | Movies | Fluff

Gowon ▪︎▪︎ Chaewon
Olivia Hye •• Hyejoo

Narrator's POV

"One ticket please," Hyejoo looked into her satchel and took her wallet out.

"That would be ***" the cashier gave her the ticket and went back to playing games on his phone.

It was Valentine's day, lovers and couples planned on going on various dates. Hyejoo had different plans, she have waited for this holiday to have some time for herself. Plus, all of her friends had plans.

Hyejoo paid for the popcorn and readied her 3D glasses.

She was planning to watch "Detective Pikachu". Despite being 7pm, she only saw one girl, playing with her phone in one of the seats in the front row.

Hyejoo didn't really care about where she needed to sit, she sat at the back and put her things down on the seat beside her.

"Great," she placed her foot on top of the seat in front of her.

The movie started playing. Hyejoo wanted to see this movie when she had time, but she never did.

As the movie played, she noticed that the girl in the front row was being noisy, playing a game on her phone.

"The girl in front, keep it down a little," Hyejoo shouted as she plops another popcorn into her mouth. "I paid for a movie, not a gaming tournament,"

The girl raised her hand and gave a bad finger at Hyejoo.

Hyejoo scoffed in disbelief as she went down the stairs towards the girl.

As she reached the very row the girl was sitting on, she saw her face. She was like a porcelain doll that came alive.

The girl looked at Hyejoo and quickly back at the game on her phone.

Hyejoo pouted as she saw the girl. It was someone she knew, someone she rejected just a few months ago. She sat on the same row, just a few seats away from the her.

"What are you even doing here?" the girl, Chaewon paused her game and turned to look at the younger.

"Just wanted to watch Detective Pikachu," the latter answered, not sparing a look at the elder.

"Uh right, it's not like I mentioned watching Detective Pikachu, when I courted you," Chaewon rolled her eyes, she held onto her phone tightly.

"Maybe that's why I wanted to watch it, who knows," Hyejoo said, still focused on the movie.

Chaewon looked at the younger while sighing. "I've moved on," she took the bucket if popcorn from her right and ate a bunch at the same time.

"Good for you," the younger looked at her. "I didn't want you to get hurt because of me," she said as she turned back at the screen.

There was a moment of silent, except for the big screen that was playing the movie.

"Did you really believe that?" the elder suddenly asked as she bit her lip.

"Believe what?"

"That I've moved on?"

Hyejoo paused on eating her popcorn, still not looking at her. "Not really, no," the younger continued eating her popcorn. "You've been bad at lying since we were in grade school,"

Chaewon smiled (a little) at the thought of Hyejoo remembering little things about her.

"Answer my question, what are you doing here?" She continued.

"I've already answered that," the younger stood up and sat in a seat that was 2 seats away from her. "Any other questions, like...questions I haven't answered before?" She raised a brow.

The elder turned her phone of and hid it in her pocket. "Did you ever liked me?" Chaewon looked at Hyejoo, who was watching the movie.

"Nope,"

"Are you even my friend Hyejoo?!" She snapped at the younger.

"No,"

The elder bit her lip, she was hurt. There must be a meaning to it. She played with her fingers, thinking of another question.

"T-then will you be there with me when something goes wrong?"

"Nope,"

Chaewon nodded, her eyes starting to get wet. She kept muttering the word "stupid" as she started to pack her things.

"Chaewon-ah," Hyejoo called out.

"Leave me alone Hye," she was feeling mixed emotions. She puts her jacket on and took her bag from the seat.

Hyejoo went in front of her and held onto her waist.

"I didn't like you, not one bit," she said, earning a pinch from Chaewon, telling her to let go.

"Because I love you," the elder's expression softened. "I love you Chaewon-ah,"

The elder cursed under her breath, looking at the younger whose eyes were filled with stars.

"I'm not your friend, because I will soon become more than a friend to you," Hyejoo chuckled. "I won't come when you're in trouble, because I'm already there beside you,"

Chaewon cupped her face while grinning.

"You are so cheesy, too cheesy," the elder shook her head, mentally face-palming herself and thinking that she has fallen too hard.

"Well, would you like your relationship with extra cheese?" Hyejoo fixed her jacket and smiled.

"Are you asking me out?"

The younger nodded her head with a silly grin.

"Then I'll take that order to go," Chaewon pulled the collar of Hyejoo's shirt and connected their lips. A smile appearing on both of their lips while kissing.

...

Author's Notes

Cheers to a happy ending...so far ;^))