|11|

I am furious. Walking to my office in anger, I notice Jennifer keeping a safe distance from me.

"What's next on my schedule?" I ask Jennifer, still walking.

"The tour round the company, ma'am."

"Is it necessary?" I ask.

"Well, not exactly, but you should get familiar with— Jennifer keeps talking, but I freeze, as I watch the couple headed towards me. Luke and Laurel. I keep walking, trying to feign ignorance. They halt as soon as I pass them. I'm exactly two feet's past them. I pause, waiting to hear the rubbish they have to spew.

"What is she doing here, Luke?" She continues, "What are you doing here?"

I turn, a small smile on my face. "Is this the reason why you couldn't make it to the introductory meeting?"

"I asked you a question, why are you here?!" She yells.

"Don't you dare use that tone with me," I look at Luke, "Control this thing, will you? This is not your home, or marketplace where she may shout as she wills."

"Let's go, Laurel." Luke says, turning to leave.

"Is this a habit of yours? Bringing your women to the company? Forgive me, but you did bring me here once." I say, a smirk on my face, as I see Laurel turn red.

"I'm not here to exchange words with you, Natalie. You may leave."

"No. On the contrary, she may leave. You, get out." I say, looking at Laurel.

"Luke owns this place! If anyone is leaving it would be you!" She yells, again. She grabs my hand and begins to drag me away. I jerk my hands off, and she stumbles.

"For lovers, your partner surely does keep a lot from you. Luke might own the company, but I own more of the company than he does. He answers to me, not vice versa. Get out, before I have security throw you out."

Luke is still standing, watching everything unfold. "We might not be married, but I demand that you show me respect! Do not bring that woman here ever again, or you will see the worst of me." I say, as I leave, silently begging the tears not to fall down my eyes.

I close the blinds as soon as I enter my office. The tears begin to fall down my face. I didn't cry as much as I needed to after my breakup and divorce with Luke. I didn't mourn my marriage properly because I was too busy mourning my father and taking care of my new born. Now, it was as though those emotions came rushing back. What did I ever do to Luke to deserve such humiliation and disgrace? I feel immense hatred for him in my heart as I remember the night he threw me out of the manor, pregnant, stranded, all in the dead of the night.

I couldn't forgive Luke, never. Luke had tarnished my dignity by accusing me of adultery when I was innocent and he, guilty of kidnapping, raping and probably murder. Even if I did go to bed with Rocky, Luke would've still been no better than I was.

**

Luke's POV

"Why do you want to drag this so early in the morning, Laurel?" I ask, as knot my tie, my head a total mess. "You made me drink to stupor last night knowing full well that I had to go to the office today." I say, annoyed. Laurel has forced me to take several shots with her the night before and I couldn't say no at all, because I'd been to busy and hadn't spent anytime with her lately. Truthfully, I needed any available excuse to get away from her. Deep down, I knew I was in the wrong for using her. It wasn't intentional but it was cruel all the same— using her as a rebound, to get over Natalie.

"Oh, Luke, I'm sorry, but I just had so much fun the night before, and you can't lie," She says, walking towards me in my shirt. She wraps her hands around my waist and continues, "You can't say you didn't enjoy what happened between us last night" She says, grinning from ear to ear.

I ignore her, because having sex with her was a huge error on my part— I knew, especially as her feelings weren't mutual.

"You made me yours yesterday, Luke, your woman!."

I take her hands off me and walk to the mirror.

"Take me the office with you. I want everyone to know we're official. I'll go get ready!" She says and rushes into the bathroom. I had a serious headache and I had no willpower nor strength to argue with her so I'd just let her be.

**

Asides waking late, there'd been traffic on the road, and now I'd been extremely late for work. We arrive at the company at about 9:30. Laurel and I get down and immediately, she rushes to my side and intercepts her arm with mine. We walk straight in, and head for the stairs, towards my office when suddenly, I see her pop out of nowhere. I want to turn around to avoid any altercation but Laurel and Natalie see each other before I can act. They both pause. I notice Natalie frowning. She walks right past us, but stops.

What is she doing here, Luke?" She asks me. I don't respond. She continues, "What are you doing here?" She asks Natalie. Their backs turned to one another.

"Is this the reason why you couldn't make it to the introductory meeting?" Natalie asks me.

"I asked you a question, why are you here?!" Laurel yells. These women were aggravating my headache.

"Don't you dare use that tone with me," Natalie says, looking at me. "Control this thing, will you? This is not the farm or marketplace where she may shout as she wills." She says.

"Let's go, Laurel" I say, irritated and annoyed, as I turn to leave.

"Is this a habit of yours? Bringing your women to the company? Forgive me, but you did bring me here once." Natalie says, a smirk on her face. Now, I really saw the beauty of her black hair. She looked sexier and bolder, and honestly, it was beginning to drive me nuts how attracted to her I was, and how the one person I hated the most could have so much effect on me.

"I'm not here to exchange words with you, Natalie. You may leave"
I turn, a small smile on my face. "Is this the reason why you couldn't make it to the introductory meeting?"

"I asked you a question, why are you here?!" She yells.

"Don't you dare use that tone with me," I look at Luke, "Control this thing, will you? This is not the farm or marketplace where she may shout as she wills."

"Let's go, Laurel" Luke says, turning to leave.

"Is this a habit of yours? Bringing your women to the company? Forgive me, but you did bring me here once." I say, a smirk on my face, as I see Laurel turn red.

"I'm not here to exchange words with you, Natalie. You may leave." I say to her.

"No. On the contrary, she may leave. You, get out." She says to Laurel. I want to intercede for Laurel and embarrass Natalie for my ego, but something holds me back. It was as though she was holding back the tears from falling. Regardless, she currently held a higher position than I did, so it was mandatory to let her be. She was undoubtedly my boss, even though I hated it.

"Luke owns this place! If anyone is leaving it would be you!" Laurel yells. I look in disdain as Laurel grabs her by the hands and begins to drag her away. Natalie jerks her hands off, and Laurel stumbles.

"For lovers, your partner surely does keep a lot from you. Luke might own the company, but I own more of the company than he does. He answers to me, not vice verse. Get out, before I have security throw you out." I hear Natalie whisper to Laurel. Every day, I began to see new sides of her, new sides I never knew existed. 

Natalie walks back to me, fury all over her face. "We might not be married, but I demand that you show me respect! Do not bring that woman here ever again, or you will see the worst of me." She says, and storms off. I turn around and watch her as she walks off, her hair dangling behind her. I would go check the recorder I planted in her office to see what she does next. I needed to fully understand what exactly she was after, and what she was capable of.

________________________________

What a chapter! Woah. Natalie is getting bolder and bolder as the day passes. Share your thoughts with me, what do you think?