nihil ♱ the disapperance of the washington sisters

(Not edited)

STEPHANIE

𝟚:𝟘𝟘

𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 flooded the main room as the two girls watch their friends participate in a drinking contest. The girl with a slight oversized blue sweater with black leggings, a short black bob and a beanie on her head puts the last piece in the puzzle, "Are they idiots or what?"

Stephanie, the other girl dressed in the loose white knitted cardigan and sweatpants that lowly hugged her hips, her long bouncy hair fell off to her waist. She had grabbed the puzzle box from the table waking to the main room, "Well they haven't seen each other in a while since we graduated."

"About that, tell me how you're classes are going! You never tell me anything about them on the phone."

Stephanie tugged on her bracelet, "Honestly... I just feel so... talentless. Everyone in that class is better than me, I mean I paint like crap!"

She was her biggest critic to herself it probably stemmed from her strict mother. She got her love of art from her father who passed away as she entered high school. It's not like her mother never let her go out or anything but she was cautious, always taught her to make a good impression on everyone.

"Steph! You were one of the most talented painters in our school! And you have the awards to prove it, don't beat yourself up because someone is a little better than you."

She looked at her friend with a warm smile, she nudges her side, "Thanks B, for everything, really."

"Anytime, you're like my sister. Except you don't look like me," They both chuckled as they reached the couch.

They put the puzzle box out on the coffee table opening it and spilling out all the pieces. They start to examine each pieces and put them together.

Steph was staring into one piece before she came to a relization, "I never even asked how film schools doing."

Beth didn't look up as she attached the edge pieces together, "I mean it's not easy but my dad taught me a lot already."

"I mean Southern Cali is a good school right?"

"I mean of course, it's just like any other college."

"Hey guys what you talking about over here?" A voice cut out to them making Steph's heart skip a beat.

The blonde with a messy bun walked up to them, Samantha Giddings, Stephanie's current and long time crush. When Steph was still dealing with her sexuality, Sam has asked her to practice kissing before a big dance.

The girls have their eyes deeply closed as their lips connected. Everything had just felt right to Steph and it confused her. It felt like her heart drop before it started rapidly beating against her chest.

She pulled away quickly seeing the blonde pull back in confusion, "What's wrong?"

The girl could feel her face get red as her heart still pounded. The pushes her hair back behind her ears, "Nothing just... nervous for the real one I guess," she laughed off.

They went about their day but Stephanie couldn't stop thinking about how much that kiss affected her. It was only a matter of time before she realized she was developing a crush.

"School, how about you?"

"I'm waiting for Beth to get out from the bathroom."

"Oh, what are you guys doing after?"