waterpark pt. 3

author's note // hey! sorry it's been so long since i've updated. another waterpark chapter...

SADIE POV

i can't believe i just made such a big move on y/n. i wasn't expecting that sort of bravery to come of today. i think i pulled it off well but i've never kissed a girl before. my mind was spinning as we walked around the park looking for a sign of the rest of our friends.

my thoughts were interrupted when a young girl and her parents approached me holding a cellphone.

"hey, my daughter is a fan, could you take a picture with her?" the man who i assumed was her dad asked me.

y/n looked at me wide eyed. i was used to being approached by fans, but i guess that was new for her.

i smiled at the young girl, "of course," i replied.

Y/N POV

sadie walked over to me after finishing up with the young fan and before i could say anything about how sweet the interaction was, she pointed and started yelling for noah and millie who were floating down the lazy river.

well, millie was floating and noah was trying to knock her off the tube she was comfortably sitting in.

we ran over and they grabbed the concrete at the edge of the moving water and pulled to a stop.

"how was your date?" noah asked bluntly, while snickering. millie slapped his arm.

i laughed at noah's comment which i think surprised sadie, but once she saw me laughing, she joined in. millie grinned at our comfort with his remark.

"where's everyone else?" i asked millie, i didn't trust noah for a real answer.

she pulled herself out of the river, "they should be back soon. they went to do a couple slides and said they'd meet us at the picnic tables over there," she gestured to some empty tables near the entrance.

SMALL TIME JUMP

"hey, y/n!" finn walked over to me, "do you want to do some slides together?"

"i'd love nothing more."

"except doing slides with sadie," finn snickered.

"what is with you and noah and not keeping your mouths shut?" i rolled my eyes but smiled at the same time.

finn gasped, "don't compare me to noah, i'm much better than him at social cues."

"i heard that!" noah yells from behind us at the picnic table.

"i'm glad you did!" finn argues back.

before they can continue, i pull finn away and alert millie, who i consider the most responsible of everyone, that finn and i are going to do some slides together. millie nods and i give sadie a longing look to say goodbye.

"we kissed again," i told finn once we had walked a little farther from our friends.

he shook his head, "i expected nothing less." he put his hand out to give me a high five and i scrunched my face and gave him one.

"i like her a lot," i paused, "but i just worry about the media with a teen couple, especially one that's not... you know..."

"straight," finn finished for me.

"i'm not in the public eye yet, but sadie met fans today when we were walking together. what if they had seen us kiss? i just don't want her to get any negative attention."

finn stopped walking and turned towards me to look me in the eye, "y/n, she likes you too. and, she can make those decisions. don't worry, sadie's a tough and caring person."

"thank you, finn," i gave him a quick hug and then we found one of the most scary slides in the park to go on together.

finn and i went on a few rides together and then we met up with gaten and noah for some four person rides. i also went on a slide with millie, another few with sadie. and, some with caleb. it was a really busy day and i felt exhausted after all the fun.

even though on the way to the park i had rode in the backseat with finn, once i got to sadie's car i saw that finn and gaten had taken the backseats, leaving only the passenger seat next to sadie. finn evilly smiled at me and i pulled my damp hair from my face as i got into the seat.

finn and gaten were very quiet but pretending to not be paying any attention to sadie and i. pretending. for a few minutes no one talked and we all just listened to the low hum of the radio.

then, sadie softly grabbed my hand and i felt gazes from the backseat. i didn't care though because her skin felt soft, and her grasp felt urgent. her touch calmed me and it felt like we were deep in conversation, without speaking a single word.

holding her hand calmed me so much that i fell asleep and was woken up by noah complaining about having to pee when we got back to the parking lot of the hotel.