Chapter 17 - Perfect Synergy 2

Gabe's PoV

She just healed. I worried about my limits, I kept on using strong magic just to keep her away. I'm also running out of breath now. I badly need help.

She slowly stood up and brushed her suit.

"That's nasty." She said with a grossed expression.

I just stared at her. I didn't want to waste my energy in talking. I looked around to see if Barry's there. He's not here yet.

I glanced back to Lisah.

"Won't you talk!?" She yelled. Why would I?

I opened my hands. I manipulated the grass beneath her to grow and cover her sight. She stepped back and wondered what was happening, her expression tells me that she's panicking. She's already so annoyed. The ground trembled as the grass kept on getting taller.

Then, I saw her jump. I tilted my head up to see where she's going. She was actually going to attack me again.

I have spent most of my energy already, I don't even know if I can still dodge her attack. The grass started to go back to its original size. I knelt to the ground.

There she was, slowly landing to my direction with her dagger pointed at me.

Suddenly, she fell heavily, making a loud thud. It was as if she was pulled by the gravity. I didn't know what happened. Then, I saw Lizie from afar. She did this.

"Are you okay?" Lizie asked. She ran up to me then helped me to get up. I just nodded, I didn't have the strength to reply.

"Stay here first, okay?" She left me at the side of a tree. I needed to gather enough energy to help her at least.

"Let me handle this." She stood up and went to face Lisah.

Lisah was trying to get up from the sudden fall. It looked like she was tired also, but she was eager to defeat me.

Suddenly, Lisah fell hard with her head to the ground again. Lizie looked quite aggressive. She gestured as if she was controlling a thread between the ground and Lisah's head.

Lisah went berserk as she forced herself to get up from Lizie's control. With one last movement, Lizie fiercely pulled Lisah's body onto the ground. A loud thud was heared up here.

Lisah started to fade. Then, I saw Lizie running back to me. I tried to breath deeply, relieved.

"How... are you... now?" She gasped.

"Thank you..." I replied, still trying to recover.

"Let's go to a safe place first." She said. She helped me stand up and walk. Then, the hologram popped up. "GP - 213".

—————

Barry's PoV

I was near to exiting the woods. I focused far ahead. I saw Lizie with Gabe. Gabe was limping. I sighed in frustration. I realized that I was late.

I ran to them, surprised to see me.

"I'm very sorry Gabe. Are you alright?" I asked as I got near them. She looked very drained.

"I'm fine. Lizie helped me." She said in an exhausted voice.

"Were you... in a battle?" I asked.