Chapter 11 - Uncertainty

It hasn't been long since the MPS finished. The school announced that new supplies were stocked in the market. All of us were given chance to check the new stocks.

Bollie invited us to go with her, fortunately, I also wanted to look for new clothes. Harriet also came with us. Our team was actually complete. Harriet looked pretty, with her white hair tied to a ponytail, emphasizing her pale purple eyes. She wore a purple off-shoulder, and black jeans. It looked good on her, as if she was attending a party instead. I just wore a simple, slightly oversized blue plain t-shirt tucked in a fitted black jeans. Bollie had her hair tucked behind her ears. She wore a gray turtle-neck, with matching silver necklace. Fade looked cool with his maroon polo, his hair tied to a low ponytail with few strands at his right eye. Xavier wore a white sweater and black ripped jeans.

It was weekends, so maybe there will be a lot of people in the market. I guaranteed to myself that the supplies and goods won't run out.

The dean gave us a large allowance as a reward for winning the MPS. I was glad. I won't worry about my allowance anymore, The dean gave us a large amount, enough until the end of schoolyear. I was actually quite frugal.

—————

We rode a bus to the capital. We wanted to look for many things so we decided to go there instead of the small markets near the school.

We arrived earlier than expected. The sight of bright streets greeted us as we went out of the bus. There were stalls that selled balloons and candies. The children were running from here to there, holding their own balloons and candies. I smiled at the view. It was such a beauty.

I saw the others haulting from their walks as they appreciated the view. I can't believe this is the result of winning an MPS. As if the fun in this area won't run out. There were also large buildings surrounding the park, I guess those are the malls.

Bollie called us in excitement. We proceeded to the mall.

It amazed me further as I saw the inside of a 5-storied building. I can't believe my eyes in what I saw. There were actually malls with this size? It was crowded with people, but it still had a decent space in between.

It was my first time visiting here, actually, our first time. But I know I won't get lost here, there was only one exit anyway.

We all went for clothes first, an old lady greeted us.

"Go on. Pick what you like. There are lots of stocks so don't hesitate to..." She slowed down then paused talking, scanning all of our faces with a focused look.

"Oh my! It's you!" Her gray eyes sparkling in amusement. She covered her mouth with her hands. Does she know us?

"You're the ones who competed in the MPS! It's such an honor!" Her voice raising in happiness. She grabbed each of our hands and shook it. We all giggled together because of the cute act of the woman.

It was evident in her eyes that she was really happy. I guess she watched the battle against Vacsabel.

"I guess you watched us ma'am?" Bollie replied in a joyful tone, smiling at the old lady.

"Yes, of course! We can't afford not to watch when it's a fight for the country after all." The old woman replied.

"By the way, you were very good there! Thank you so much!" Holding her hands together, thanking us.

I looked at the others, I didn't know what to respond. She was really nice, it made me giggle in cuteness. I guess the other sellers here would recognize us too.

"We wanted to look for clothes ma'am. Can we walk around the store?" Bollie asked, happy at the greetings of the woman.

"Yes, yes. Tell me if you picked anything. I'll give it to you for free." Her eyes smiled at us.