The Stable Boy

💛 Edited--05.07.2020 💛

The next day, Emma and I were walking out of Granny's after having another morning coffee, when a familiar face came up to us.

"Emma, Tasha, hey," David said.

"David, we don't have time," Emma told him hastily.

You see, Emma and I were currently holding a grudge against him for what he said to Mary Margaret. Yes, she told us about that. She told us how he basically doubted her and asked her if she had anything to do with Kathryn's death. Son-of-a-bitch! She stood by him when people thought it was him who killed Kathryn but as soon as the blame was pointed at Mary Margaret, he agreed with the town and blamed her.

"No, I-I understand. It's Mary Margaret. How's she doing?" David asked.

"How do you think she's doing?" I retorted harshly.

"Well, I think the last time we spoke, she didn't quite get what I meant," David defended.

"Oh, you mean that you basically told her you thought she might be guilty?" I asked sarcastically.

"Look, it's this situation. It's confusing and horrible for everyone," David said.

"Yes, I can imagine. Walking round freely and without anyone accusing you of murder must be excruciating," I remarked, just as sarcastic as before.

"Just hear me out. I don't think she's guilty. I need her to know that. Can I see her?" David asked.

"No," I said bluntly.

"She doesn't want visitors," Emma told him.

"You mean me. She doesn't want to see me. That must be the case as Tasha and Henry have still been going to see her," David muttered.

"That's because we have never accused her of murder," I said firmly, getting into Emma's car.

"Honestly, David, I'm sure your heart is in the right place but the last thing she needs right now is words of encouragement from you," Emma told him, as she got into the car.

"What does she need?" David asked.

"A miracle," Emma answered honestly, before shutting the door and driving away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma dropped me off at the station and left to go and sort something out. As I was about to walk into see Mary Margaret, I heard the voice of a certain mayor.

"They say only the guilty sleep in prison," Regina said.

Mary Margaret sat up in bed and saw me standing in the hallway but turned her attention back to Regina. As quietly as I could, I crept into the office and listened into their conversation.

"What are you doing here?" Mary Margaret asked. "Where's Emma?"

"She hasn't arrived yet," Regina answered smugly. "I just wanted to stop by and offer you a chance--a chance to spare yourself and this town the messiness of a trial, the chance to confess."

I got my phone out quietly and began recording the conversation.

Mary Margaret got up from her bed and walked over to the bars.

"But I didn't kill Kathryn. Why won't anyone believe me?" Mary Margaret asked.

"The murder weapon was found in your apartment. Your fingerprint was on the box containing Kathryn's heart. Shall I go on?" Regina said, and I could practically hear her smirking from here. "Why not, for once, make it easier on everyone?" Regina asked getting up closer to the bars. "Because confession or not, you're leaving Storybrooke."