Changes

Back to reality
With wide eyes and shocked tone he yelled.
"ZHAN!"
After seeing the person in front of him he couldn't control himself and hugged him immediately.
Zhan was deceiving himself till now that he was fine and he was strong but as soon as he met the person in front of him after 12 years he broke down.
He started crying while hugging the said person.
"I... I don't know where to go"
"First come inside then we'll talk" Said the person patting Zhan's back.
They both came inside the house and again tears started forming in his eyes.
He ran and hugged the person again.
"What happened Zhan? how come you are here? are you okay?"
"I.... I am not fine.... I am sorry Cheng for whatever I said at the graduation, I.... I am sorry..."
Cheng seeing his best friend in this condition felt pity and asked.
"Where is Yibo? How come you are here alone?"

"H.... He is not here, Cheng why?....... Why me? I just wanted love I never asked for anything.....everything is shattered now, I.......Am I that bad?.... I deserve it, I deserve everything that is happening to me now..... I hurt you, I hurt my parents."

By saying all that he fainted into Cheng's arms.
Zhan's body was already weak and after he was raped his health became worse.
Cheng panicked and started shaking Zhan gently.
"Zhan.... Zhan.. Oh my god what happened.... Zhan."
He picked up the phone which fell from Zhan's pocket which didn't had any password on it.
As Cheng was panicking he didn't knew who's phone was in his hand but as soon as he opened call log to call for the ambulance he saw only two contacts, one was obviously Yibo and other was Dr. Haikuan.
Without thinking he called Dr. Haikuan who picked up the call after the 3rd ring.
Haikuan:- Hello, Xiao Zhan?

Cheng:- please hurry Zhan fainted, what should I do.... Zhan... Zhan

Haikuan:- wait, gimme your address I'll come ASAP. Don't panick, lay him on a bed and take his temperature until I arrive.

Cheng:- okay... Okay I'll send you the address but please hurry!

After haikuan received the address he cancelled all his appointments and drove as fast as he could.
On the other hand Cheng took Zhan's temprature and indeed Zhan had a fever.

Haikuan reached his destination in 20 minutes and rang the door bell. He was greeted with a worried face who said
"Dr. Haikuan?"
Haikuan nodded in reply.
"Please come he is in bed and I took his temperature as you instructed, he have a fever"
Haikuan did some check-ups and sighed.
"Indeed his health is deteriorating"

Cheng:- What? What happened to him? Is he alright? Please tell me....

Haikuan:- You don't know?

Cheng:- know what?

Haikuan:- He have leukemia! How come you don't know?
You are his husband!

As Cheng heard the world leukemia his body went numb and didn't hear the rest of the sentence.
Cheng:- LEU......LEUKEMIA? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!
Cheng clasped on the floor burying his face in his hands.

Haikuan:- and on top of that he's not agreeing on doing chemotherapy!!!!! His health is getting worse day by day!

Cheng:- WHAT?!?! ZHAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IS IT BECAUSE OF THAT FUCKER? I'LL KILL HIM!
(He shouted at Zhan who was in a deep slumber not believing that Zhan could go to this much extend for Yibo.)

"Dr. Haikuan please tell me whatever that has to be done and as for chemotherapy please start that as soon as possible!"

Haikuan:- Okay first take him to the hospital and meet me there tomorrow for his first session of chemotherapy. As we proceet with chemotherapy I've put his name for a bone marrow match. And as we get a donor we'll do the transplant.

Cheng started crying and said between his sobs
"He'll...... He'll be alright right... Right? Dr say something!!"

"Well I can't say anything for now but starting chemotherapy will increase his chance of survival
You should've taken better care of your husband, if only we'd have started this early his chances of survival would be great!" Haikuan said while looking at Zhan.

"I.. I am not his husband, I wish I hadn't left him that time this wouldn't have happened!"
Cheng stood up from the ground and sat beside Zhan.

"I have to leave now"
By saying this haikuan left.

"I am sorry Zhan, I should've stayed beside you when you were alone!  You are not a bad person it's just the people around you who don't understand you, if just I was there for you, If just I contacted you this wouldn't have happened! you wouldn't be this broken I am sorry Zhan sor.. Sorry!"
*sniff* *sniff*
Cheng cried.

Additional information:-

Leukemia:-
A cancer of blood-forming tissues, hindering the body's ability to fight infection (and yeah I copied that from goooooooogle). Basically blood cancer. It's a rare disease. It's fatal.

Symptoms:- dizziness, fatigue, fever, or loss of appetite.