i

Sky Howard was more than just pissed. All she hoped was to disappear, or to make – God knew how – the whole world disappears, instead. Her head ached like hell and the garage noises weren't helping her through the situation at all.

"Dad!" she called, looking for him. "Dad, where are you?"

"Over here, blueberry."

Her dad liked giving weird nicknames to people (even when he's underneath his car, like, currently). Blueberry, though, wasn't the one he chose for Sky.

"It's Sky, not Icy," she groaned in frustration, grinding her teeth.

How could he, after 18 years, confound between her and her twin sister?

"I'm sorry, cheesecake," he apologized, getting out of under the car.

"I called you a hundred times and you didn't answer. I need your help, dad and you know it."

She pouted, pulling her puppy face to show her displeasure.

"I was busy, doll. What do you want?" he stopped a bit and finally looked at her. "You want money for university? Go find yourself a job somewhere and I'll help you, we've already had this talk."

Sky sighed, not knowing what to do anymore. She wasn't there for money; yes she needed it but not this day. She messed her light brown hair up and examined the ceiling, exasperating. Sometimes she wondered if she actually was a part of this family, everyone neglected her.

"You promised you were gonna call your friend for surfing courses for his daughter..." she reminded him.

Her father froze. How did he, her father, forget about this? Well, maybe because he didn't remember to which one of the twins he promised. It was really hard having twin daughters.

He apologized, again, informing her that he already talked to him and he only had to confirm now. He threw his keys and his torch on the ground across from the vehicle and called his friend back. The phone conversation lasted 10 minutes.

More than just excited, Sky widened her eyes, pulling a weird face by the same occasion. She couldn't wait any longer to know the man's response. Although she was apprehending while her father talked on the phone, she didn't understand a thing.

She kept on repeating 'so?" for about ten times or more. She knew she'd gain a lot of money to go to university. Her parents had already pre-paid her a semester but she had to take care of herself for the rest of her life; she was 18 after all.

What she wanted to prove is that she was better than her twin sister – that was 5 minutes older than her – because this latter has always been excellent in everything; either it was in school or with boys... everything.

"He's okay for 4 hours every week, 20$ per hour. You can start today."

"Wait, wait," she repeated surprised. "20 bucks per hour? It's... impossible!"

Unimaginable, but real. She was gonna gain a lot of money this summer and with what she has already saved, her dream was about to get real.

More than just happy, she let out a small scream like do those fangirls obsessed with One Direction and hugged her father. She got suddenly rid of her headache. Almost suffocating, her dad pulled away smoothly, a wide smile on his face.

"Prepare your surfboard and wet suit; he wants you there at 4 p.m."

Saying that the house was huge was an understatement; it was immense, situated right in front of the ocean. Compared to Sky's that was in a less luxurious neighborhood, she felt small. Her father drove her there before going to get Icy from her volunteering job at a retirement home, leaving her alone facing his friend's house where 'Clifford' was written in italic.

She knocked, a bit nervous to discover her student. The door opened, a man in about his 40's faced her, holding an unspecified expression on his face, between exasperated and surprised.

"Oh, the dance teacher! You're probably Icy?"

"No, I'm Sky, her sister," she said annoyed.

"So, you're here for Surf courses, right?" She nodded at him. "I'm Steve Clifford, you can call me Steve."

Even in the summer jobs, Icy had to annoy Sky. She didn't know that her sister also worked for the same family.

She ended up faking a smile to the guy that let her enter. He indicated the living room to her, where was his child, ready for surf courses.

"What the hell? You didn't tell me it's a girl!" a teenage boy with reddish hair exclaimed, frightened.

"A-a boy? I have to hang with a boy?"

+

this story is by far my most favorite and the weirdest of all the stories i've written. you're gonna see.