Prologue - The Cat Chases the Mouse

Life isn't easy - we all know that. It especially isn't easy for the Nightshadows. The seek blood. They crave blood. They need blood. Nobody wants to die for the evil to live. Not in this world, anyway. Listen to me, listen to me closely, dear. With your blood, they will grow. They will grow in power and strength! We in this world do not produce such fine liquid. You are blessed with salty tears when hurt. That is a delicious appetizer for my Nightshadows. When you scream, it's music. When you suffer through pain and anger, regret and despair, fear and sour delight, the blood will spill. My Nightshadows will feed. And I, too, will feel complete. They don't call me The Cat for nothing, my dear mouse.

Black butterflies will spin around your head, and you will watch as they slowly creep closer. They will blur your precious little mind, and you will be on the edge to entering the Realm of the Dead. It would be easy to let you just die, but then we could never play our games with you again. That wouldn't be fun, would it? I couldn't care less if you have fun or not, as long as you play fair.

You ready for the rules? One. No conversing with the flowers - they will whisper lies into your ignorant head. Two. No rummaging through the Pure Mist - it will lead you to the Queen. We don't have the time for her unnecessary intentions. Three. No happiness. That leads to hope, and hope leads to mischevious plans. Follow these rules, you hear? You don't want to know what would happen if you don't. 

Now, look into my eyes.

Do you see them?

My Nightshadows are coming to play.