Chapter 10- It's All Your Fault

•unedited•

Victoria

The world stopped. My brain stopped thinking. My heart stopped beating. But the tears didn't stop. They flowed down my face freely. My heart didn't stop breaking. The heart-breaking sobs failed to seize. The soothing tone of Minho trying to reassure fell flat. I only wanted Newt right now. But he wasn't here.

***

Third Person

Victoria awoke gasping for breath as her lungs burned from the lack of oxygen. Her eyesight was dotted with black spots and hazy images.Victoria blinked repetively before looking at Minho who was passed out on the chair next to her temporary bed. She looked around trying to remember where she was and why she was here.

Oh yeah.

Victoria woke up after being attacked in the maze. Minho told her Newt tried to commit suicide. She cried for hours. She passed out. She woke up again.

Her heart wouldn't accept the fact that Newt had done such a thing.

Why would he do it? He seemed happy in the maze. Victoria mentally kicked myself thinking about how she could've helped Newt. Maybe she should have been here for him. Maybe becoming a runner was a mistake.

Maybe.

The word made her sick. Maybe was a horrible word, just as much as the word almost and if.

He almost made it.

What if I stayed with him?

Maybe I should've tried harder.

Those three words were the bane of her existence. The three words made you doubt. They make you worry. They make you wonder.

She sighed and drove the thoughts out of her wondering mind. There's no time to be depressed, she can do that later. Now, she need to find Newt. Victoria slowly got out of bed, testing the stability of her injured leg. It hurt a lot, but she would still be able to walk if she kept the weight off of the leg.

"Minho." She said as she gently shook the black haired boy awake. He mumbled something before swatting her hands away. Annoyed,she tried again, except harder.

"Minho." I shook him more aggressively. He merely turned his head and kicked me in my good leg.

"Shuck it." She winced before slapping Minho hard in the face. He awoke fumbling while swinging his arms around yelling at the top of his lungs.

"What the shuck is the problem you slinthead!" Minho turned to herwith a burning rage in his face. Victoria shurgged before replying, "You wouldn't wake up."

"You couldn't try something else?!?" He said incredulously.

"Nope." She said while popping the 'P'.

"So. Why did you shucking wake me up?" Minho asked while rubbing his red cheek. She grinned when she saw the bright red hand mark but sobered up when she remembered why she woke him up in the first place.

"I want to see Newt," The small yet huge demand made Minho serious, and he meant business.

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"What! Why in the world not?" Victoria complained while throwing her hands in the air. How could he not let her see Newt after everything? She needed to see him for shucks sake, to make sure he's okay. Then kill him for what he did.