Chapter 1: A New World

A/N: Depending on if you're reading on Wattpad or Fanfiction.net, you might know that I'm not very good at consistently updating my stories, and pretty much all of them end up going discontinued or postponed for a long time. But I have most of the story planned out for this one, so hopefully that doesn't happen again.

In space, high above planet, two beings clashed with each other. A dark red and golden yellow streak clashed into each other, creating giant explosions of energy. Eventually the blurs stopped, revealing two figures. Sonic the Hedgehog in his legendary super form, and the evil Infinite the Jackal.

Sonic grabbed his arm and smirked. "Man, you're pretty tough." He said in between breaths.

"Just give up, Sonic. You're only prolonging the creation of the Eggman Empire." Infinite said as he stared Sonic down.

'Dang it! As much as I hate to admit it... he's right. There's no way I can beat him in a plain-ole one on one. And Shadow, Silver, and Knuckles are all wounded from the invasion of the imperial tower.' Sonic thought.

He gritted his teeth. "It doesn't matter how much you out class me. I'll find some way to defeat you. Even if it kills me!" Sonic charged at Infinite.

Infinite chuckled as he easily dodged Sonic's attacks. Sonic tried warping and flanking him from behind, but he got nailed in the face by Infinite. Sonic stopped himself from spinning out of control, coming to a stop and wiping a bit of blood from his nose.

Sonic stared at the jackal with a frown. 'I think I have a way to defeat him. I just hope it doesn't do what I think it's gonna do.' Sonic held his hands up, and the chaos emeralds were released from his body. They started floating around Sonic in different directions at high speeds.

Infinite chuckled. "And just what do you think you're doing?" Suddenly the phantom ruby in his chest began to glow brighter. "Uh? No!"

The chaos emeralds were absorbed back into Sonic's body, and charged at him, his fist burning with a bright white glow. He punched Infinite in the stomach as hard as he could. "Chaos control!" Sonic shouted. They both disappeared in a flash of light.

000000000000

Sunset sighed as she continued her way down the dirt path. Sometimes when she gets bored, or wants to clear her head, she goes on a walk around the woods on the east side of the city.

She opened her journal and was about to start writing, when she tripped on something, causing her to fall over and face plant the ground. "What the..." She looked behind her and was amazed. Sitting on the ground was a bright yellow gem that almost seemed to glow. It had the shape of a diamond, and the bottom of it was stuck in the ground.

Sunset slowly got up and put her hand upon the gem. When she pulled it out of the ground, it had a light burning sensation, even though it felt like it had a normal temperature. It glowed softly, and she could feel some kind of force flowing through her arm. "What the heck is this thing?" She inspected the gem a little bit more. "It's the shape of a diamond, but it's not blue. And it's glowing." She put it in her pocket and picked up her journal. "I should show this to the girls."

Sunset pulled out her phone and typed out a message, before running back to her apartment.

000000000000

In the middle of a forest, a couple miles from Canterlot City, there was a big crater in the ground. In it, was a dazed and tired Sonic.

"Ugh... my head hurts." He pushed himself off the ground and dusted himself off the ground. He then realized that he was wearing clothes. "What the? Why am I wearing clothes?" He looked over and saw a lake. 'Water. Reflection.' He jumped out of it and zipped over to it.